i have an older curve (not sure of the number but it looks similar to my new one) and just bought the new 8310. i purchased a memory card to transfer all my pics and music/ringtones to then put them into my new curve but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to transfer my ringtones. pics are moved to the memory card but i don't know how to do my ringtones. can someone please help me out!!! and thank you in advance!!!~
    04-05-08 08:09 PM
    Ringtones should work the same way.
    04-05-08 08:12 PM
    i thought they would but there is not an option to "move" them to the memory card
    04-05-08 08:14 PM
    When I switched from my 7290 to my 8310, I used the Desktop Manager to switch devices, then took the ringtones (and other media) and transferred them from the device memory to my memory card.

In fact, I have removed all media from my device memory to my memory card. To do this, click the Media icon, then the BlackBerry/Menu symbol. Scroll down to Explore. After clicking that, hit the Device Memory folder, then Ringtones. Find the ringtone you wish to move, click the BlackBerry/Menu symbol, then Move. Click 'Up' (I believe twice). Hit the Media Card folder, Ringtones, (and using the BB symbol again), Move Here.

Beyond that, I am honestly not sure how to help. I hope this is useful to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 05:18 AM
    i thought they would but there is not an option to "move" them to the memory card
    Are you talking about the default ringtones that are preloaded on your BB?

You can only copy them, you can't move them since they are (pretty) fixed on your BB.

If you're talking about ringones you downloaded yourself it should work the way it does with music and pics
    04-07-08 06:21 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-07-08 06:28 AM