My macbook is making life pretty hard for me and my brand new BB 8310. This is my first blackberry, which replaced my trusty not-too-old sony ericsson, and I'm almost missing it already.

I desperately need new ringtones and themes, but I can only go for the free stuff. I downloaded a few free themes from the internet to my computer, but I read somewhere earlier on another forum that there's no way to download themes on to your bb from a mac. Is this true? I despise all the preset themes on the bb already.
    As for ringtones, I refuse to buy them as I've always made my own. However the bb doesn't even seem to be recognized as a device on my mac, so unlike my old phone, I can't simply drag and drop the mp3's into a ringtone folder. I've already downloaded PocketMac which is, I guess, the blackberry 'driver' for mac, correct? I've also synced my iCal and all the other various corresponding mac applications. Is there any option for transferring media files on to the bb through the computer using the PocketMac? Is there any other online syncing device that's mac friendly that I can use instead? This is unbelievably frustrating, when it should just be a simple customization option.

I've also been warned not even to touch the internet yet until my household changes our wireless plans individually, so although I've been reading about downloading themes and tones from the bb itself, that's not an option for me.

Can anyone help?
    04-01-08 08:09 PM
    Welcome newbie... Have you tried MissingSync?
    04-01-08 10:02 PM
    Here is an idea for the ringtones. I have a pearl and I got ringtones by moving mp3 files to my microsd card and the searched for them through my ringer profiles. If you want to make your own, cut and splice in garage band, render as an mp3 and export it to itunes. Then find the file in your Mac harddrive and drag over to your sd card. Does this make sense?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 10:25 PM
    I have a Pearl and a Al Powerbook.

I use a microSD card and drag/drop ringtones onto the card. Works like a charm!

As for themes, you can change themes via getting them Over the Air (OTA) and having them installed right to your BB.

There is an option to upload apps on PocketMac, but you can purchase MissingSync as well.

I took my iCal calendar and transferred it to Google Calendar, downloaded Google Sync and uploaded my GCal to my BB...works like a charm! Now, automatically when I make an entry either on the BB or my computer, the BB syncs with Gcal in a matter of minutes.
    04-02-08 12:36 AM
    welcome to cb
    04-02-08 02:39 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-02-08 06:16 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    04-02-08 07:30 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!
    04-02-08 09:01 AM

As for themes, you can change themes via getting them Over the Air (OTA) and having them installed right to your BB.

There is an option to upload apps on PocketMac, but you can purchase MissingSync as well.
    thanks all!

yup, sounds like I'm gonna have to go out and get a micro SD card..sounds easy enough anyway.
    missing sync is a little pricey for me at the moment (yes, ironic) but I might have to check that out sooner or later perhaps

(noob alert): sorry, what's OTA? I'm assuming it's going on to a theme website on your bb and downloading straight from there.

as for the option to upload apps on PocketMac..how would I be able to do that? I see a 'Purchase New Applications' button, but are you able to upload the free themes I've already downloaded onto my mac from various websites?

and hey, as a last resort... I could always just download the software on my friend's windows computer and upload all my junk to my bb whenever I'm over there

thanks a lot for your help guys!
    04-02-08 05:38 PM
    My macbook is making life pretty hard for me and my brand new BB 8310. This is my first blackberry, which replaced my trusty not-too-old sony ericsson, and I'm almost missing it already.

I desperately need new ringtones and themes, but I can only go for the free stuff. I downloaded a few free themes from the internet to my computer, but I read somewhere earlier on another forum that there's no way to download themes on to your bb from a mac. Is this true? I despise all the preset themes on the bb already.
    As for ringtones, I refuse to buy them as I've always made my own. However the bb doesn't even seem to be recognized as a device on my mac, so unlike my old phone, I can't simply drag and drop the mp3's into a ringtone folder. I've already downloaded PocketMac which is, I guess, the blackberry 'driver' for mac, correct? I've also synced my iCal and all the other various corresponding mac applications. Is there any option for transferring media files on to the bb through the computer using the PocketMac? Is there any other online syncing device that's mac friendly that I can use instead? This is unbelievably frustrating, when it should just be a simple customization option.

I've also been warned not even to touch the internet yet until my household changes our wireless plans individually, so although I've been reading about downloading themes and tones from the bb itself, that's not an option for me.

Can anyone help?

i'm guessing you have friends. BLUETOOTH ringtones etc thats what i do.
    04-02-08 06:57 PM
    Ota means over the air. Downloading them from a website on your bb browser straight to your bb

04-02-08 07:17 PM
    You can use the Utilities menu in PocketMac to install software to your BB. I've never used it but I've heard others have used ith with success. I mostly drag and drop stuff to the memory card or use OTA installations.
    04-02-08 07:29 PM
    Welcome
    04-02-08 08:29 PM

I took my iCal calendar and transferred it to Google Calendar, downloaded Google Sync and uploaded my GCal to my BB...works like a charm! Now, automatically when I make an entry either on the BB or my computer, the BB syncs with Gcal in a matter of minutes.
    Hey there... asking you since you seemed to answer the question I was about to pose... here is the scenario: My roommates and I have really hectic schedules so we use a shared google calendar so that we always know where each other are, who's in town, who's working etc etc... We are all also Mac users ... so.. what I am wondering is... how do you get your iCAL to sync changes you make in it to Google Calendar... I think I get the concept of downloading google sync to sync my BB with the google calendar... just curious how you get stuff from iCAL into Google Calendar. Also.... is google calendar and BB calendar a 2 way sync? i.e. Changes I make in Google with show up in the BB and visa versa? Basically leaving iCAL out of the equation unless I am actually sitting at my computer... does that make any sense? LOL
    04-04-08 07:16 PM
    Hello and welcome..
    04-05-08 02:42 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    04-05-08 07:35 AM
    Welcome to the CB
    04-05-08 09:57 AM
    welcome to CB hang in there it will get better as you learn more ,stay on Crackberry and you will get smart about your BB very fast.
    04-05-08 12:42 PM
    Soarin,

You can subscribe (at least through leopard) to all of those Calendars through ical. Go into each of your google calendars into the settings and find the feed address at the bottom. The open ical and subscribe. That is the "I don't don't have my Mac in front of me" version. Let me know if you need anymore help.

04-06-08 07:13 AM
    Soarin,

You can subscribe (at least through leopard) to all of those Calendars through ical. Go into each of your google calendars into the settings and find the feed address at the bottom. The open ical and subscribe. That is the "I don't don't have my Mac in front of me" version. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Dude... thanks.. it works like a charm... now all 3 of us have the main Google Calendar that we all can edit... we each have personal ones that each other can't see... AND to top it off... it syncs beautifully with our iCALs on our Macs and the pudding on top is that all three of us are now using Google Sync to sync our BBs with the Google Calendar. Its seamless... works like a charm... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    04-20-08 03:34 PM
    Welcome to CB!!! Ditch the mac!

04-20-08 04:03 PM
    try using Myxer - Download Ringtones and More for the tones you can do it from your bb, and i used jojoc.mobi from my bb they have games and some themes also
    04-20-08 05:24 PM
    Good luck and welcome!!
    04-20-08 06:15 PM
    welcome to cb. the best things in life are free. the hard part is finding them.
    04-20-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD