New to the newer generation BB. I have an 8330 Curve. I have a few MP3s and MPEGs on a data card, the curve plays those fine. However, when I go to a web site that has those formats and I try and play/view, I get a message that the file format is not supported. Is this just a browser thing? Is there another browser or player available that would play these?

Also, on my old WM device (moto Q on verizon), I am now on Sprint BTW, on the Q, one of my favorite sites was tuned.mobi I went there on the BB, they support several different player types, none worked with the curve. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!!!!
    09-16-08 07:04 PM
    Hmm, I'm not sure if you can stream MPEGs from websites. I know with 4.3 and 4.5 you can stream videos from Youtube, which is flash, but I don't think MPEG is supported. I could be wrong on this, though.
    09-16-08 08:30 PM
    Yeah, youtube works fine. MPEG works fine if it's on a card. just can't stream off the net.
    09-16-08 10:16 PM
    Hmm, I'm not sure if you can stream MPEGs from websites. I know with 4.3 and 4.5 you can stream videos from Youtube, which is flash, but I don't think MPEG is supported. I could be wrong on this, though.
    YouTube re-encodes the videos to 3GP. Only supported streaming protocol on the BB is RTSP.
    09-16-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD