I have a BB8110 Pearl, in applications there should be a settings folder, right? Mine is missing, any suggestions? Thanks
    09-11-08 07:16 PM
    Not sure what you mean? Only applications are listed there. What folder/settings are you looking for?
    09-11-08 07:17 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The BlackBerry equivent to settings is called Options.

This is where most of your device setting are made.
    09-11-08 07:19 PM
    I'm reading the manual for 8110 Applications. It lists different folders ie:Media net, address book push to talk etc. It shows a settings folder to view main list of phone options. What I'm trying to do is turn off the vibrate and have just the ringtone. Mine vibrates 2 times then goes to ringtone. By the time I hear the ringtone I've missed the call. Thanks
    09-11-08 07:57 PM
    You can also look into VibandRing

It allows the phone to vibrate the entire length of the ring, or you can set it for a specific amt of times.. 6 seconds.. 9 seconds and so forth..

Today they updated it.. Now it can vibate in bursts instead of a long solid vibrate.. I have mine on 2 second bursts, for 9 seconds.

Im not sure where your settings are in your phone to change just to ring tone if thats all you want to change.. on mine, its in Profiles, then advanced, then Phone..
    09-11-08 09:01 PM
    go to profiles>advanced select the active one, go to phone, under out of holster choose tone not vibrate and tone
    09-11-08 09:23 PM
    Thanks, It Worked! Profiles-advance-loud-phone-change settings.Great. Why don't bb put that in their manual, instead of telling you that there is a settings icon to access your settings which doesn't exsist? Thanks again
    09-12-08 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD