Hello All,

New Blackberry Curve owner and new to Crackberry as well.

First I must admit I really do like my new phone, I simply can't put it down.

My question is - I have a 2g memory card installed and I have taken a few pictures with the phone. I have enabled the mass storage option but when I go into options > media card, I still have 1.8g space left. This is the same as when I installed it. Are me pics being stored on the card or my phone and how do I find out.

I think this site is going to be a true friend.
    Thanks in Advance,

Wmsjoy
    08-17-08 07:45 PM
    Go to media, hit Menu, then hit explore. This will tell you where the pics are.
    Pics don't really take up that much space, so it's possible they are on the Card. To have them store automatically to the card, go to the Camera app, hit Menu, Options, and set Store Pictures to On Media Card.
    08-17-08 07:48 PM
    Hello All,

New Blackberry Curve owner and new to Crackberry as well.

First I must admit I really do like my new phone, I simply can't put it down.

My question is - I have a 2g memory card installed and I have taken a few pictures with the phone. I have enabled the mass storage option but when I go into options > media card, I still have 1.8g space left. This is the same as when I installed it. Are me pics being stored on the card or my phone and how do I find out.

I think this site is going to be a true friend.
    Thanks in Advance,

Wmsjoy
    First off welcome to Crackberry...

its sounds to me like they are being stored on your phones memory rather then your memory card.... so what you want to do is that you want to go in the camera options and change it to store on the Memory card rather then the phones memory

being a new member you may want to take a look at this lecture series... i know it helped me answer alot of the basics questions i had when i first got my berry! BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 08-17-08 at 07:53 PM.
    08-17-08 07:49 PM
    ...My question is - I have a 2g memory card installed and I have taken a few pictures with the phone. I have enabled the mass storage option but when I go into options > media card, I still have 1.8g space left. This is the same as when I installed it. Are me pics being stored on the card or my phone and how do I find out...
    Your free space is measured to 0.1GB resolution. That means it takes 100MB to change from 1.8GB to 1.7GB. 100MB is a lot of pictures. If it rounds down, that's still 50MB to change the reading. That's 100 500k pictures. I'd be surprised if your camera takes pictures that large. My 8830 doesn't have a camera for comparison.

Go to Media / Menu / Explore. You'll see Media Card and Device Memory. Look both places and you'll find where your pictures are stored.
    08-17-08 08:19 PM
    Hello & welcome to CB. It is difficult to put the BB down. It sounds like you've gotten some good advice. Take the time to look around & ck things out. This is a great site!
    08-17-08 08:37 PM
    Hello back to everyone,
    Thanks for the advice and info. I am now going through the 101 exercises as I have many questions. I am sure I will have more questions as I explore my wonderful new phones. Cudos
    08-17-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD