Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Meet the Moderators of CrackBerry

Everyday CrackBerry.com is viewed by thousands of guests and members. People come here looking for help, research and often just general discussion for their BlackBerry devices. CrackBerry.com Moderators are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We keep the forums clean and tidy. Handling some of the tasks below, and offering members guidance when they go astray from our Community Rules and Guidelines. CrackBerry.com has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator.

In the following posts you will find a small intro/bio written by some of the Moderators so you can get to know a little more about them.

Rich Cermele (PKcable)
    Q&A Team Leader, Mobile Nations

Tasks/Goals of Our Moderators

• Responding to Member Reported Posts
    • Helping with member questions in Unanswered threads and throughout the forum
    • Killing Spam, and handling other forum chores (moving and re titling threads, closing duplicate threads, etc)
    • Ongoing support & participation in various devices and areas within the forums
    • Respect for the community and its members

How are Moderators selected?

• Picked by Moderator Team Leader, & Community Manager
    • Recommended by CrackBerry.com Moderator

CrackBerry.com Moderator Staff 5/21/2016

Last edited by howarmat; 01-09-19 at 04:35 PM. Reason: updated
    BergerKing, Duvi, Elite1 and 11 others like this.
    06-12-13 02:13 PM
    Rich Cermele here, Q&A Team Leader (or Q&A Jedi), and also a Moderator and Ambassador. I have been a Mod since April 2009, and a CB member since 2008. I currently use a Google Pixel (with BlackBerry apps installed via Cobalt!), but have had BBs going back to the 7290. I also use other platforms. Currently I have an iPhone 7 Plus and an iPad Pro. I also own a Kindle Fire. I have a HP Pavilion X2 Win 10 Laptop/Tablet, and a 2016 MacBook 12 inch. I also own a 2016 27 inch 5k iMac! In the real world I work for my city (Philly) in IT. I have 2 PC on my desk at the office, plus I support around 40 desktop PCs. Besides CrackBerry I have worked in the online world for over 20 years. I was born in 1966 (taking a cue from my Ambassadors), so that makes me 50 at this update. Things I like include technology, online forums, recovery (sober over 14 years currently), sports, especially hockey, and TV, especially sci fi, among many other things.

Meet the Moderators of CrackBerry-camwow_47db5fe69c1c4f3aa480dfbc9b31288d_634964435009886472_1.jpgMeet the Moderators of CrackBerry-wp_20130222_003.jpg
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-09-16 at 11:41 AM. Reason: updated 11/9/2016
    BergerKing, Duvi, Elite1 and 7 others like this.
    06-12-13 02:13 PM
    I enjoy long walks on the beach and candle lit dinners by the fire....

I'll put something here later :P
    06-12-13 02:56 PM
    Hello everyone! Im Matt Howard and have been on CB since 2008 and been a moderator since 2010 was promoted to Mod Team Leader in 2016 after Rich moved to becoming the QA leader.

I have been into smartphones since back in 2002 when I started playing with Palms and Windows Phones. Loved my treo! I survived owning both Storms and loved them very much. The click screen was awesome!

Currently I own many devices including IPad mini4, Oneplus 2, Samsung Tab 4.

I currently live on the northside of Indianapolis where I have been for almost 11 years now. My job is with energy management and I enjoy it quite a bit. I went to school at Rose Hulman which is an engineering school. I graduated with a Computer Engineering degree and Mathematics minor. I also have a degree in Nuclear Technology. I love all technology and right now the mobile industry is amazing. I also love hitting the golf course when I have some free time.
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-01-16 at 06:01 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-12-13 03:06 PM
    Hello, CrackBerry members!

My name is Jim, known as BergerKing or BK on the boards, and I'm honored to serve and assist as a CrackBerry Ambassador and now Moderator. Yes, even though I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S4, I still support CrackBerry because it has been my forum home for a great number of years, and my carrier has been a bit lackadaisical about getting us a new BlackBerry in the lineup. I have friends across all of Mobile Nations, and I support their endeavors whenever I can, as well, in an effort to foster goodwill across the spectrum.

As my profile says, I'm a commercial driver, 18 Wheeler, and travel the country ensuring that when you go to the store, there are things there for you to buy. So I serve in more ways than one, as I spent my youth serving in the US Navy. I've been to all 50 US States and Capitols, and a long list of other countries in my travels. I also occasionally write stories, a few that I've posted in these forums, and I'm a 16 year cancer survivor. I'm a husband, father of 5, stepfather of 5, and have 10 grandkids, with my first great-grandchild due in May.

I've made and met a pretty fair number of friends here, both virtually, and in real life. I've been honored in learning and sharing with a variety of interesting folks, and look forward to continuing to do so. While I've been forced to move off of BlackBerry due to carrier apathy, CrackBerry is the site I still serve. Maintenance of our pages is still a necessary function, which I'm happy to continue doing.

By the way, I'd like to thank all of the members who have been greeting our newest members, seeing posts get more than a couple of responses really goes a long way to helping folks feel welcomed, and we really appreciate those who are taking that time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...passes-151394/

jim.mellenberger@mobilenations.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-04-15 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Update.
    Elite1, Duvi, Eli_B and 9 others like this.
    06-12-13 11:11 PM
    Hey all, I'm Elite1 on here. My mild-mannered alter ego is named Noah.
    I'm a Moderator and also the Ambassador Team Leader.

I own and run a Loss Prevention & Security services firm based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada.
    At least I do when I have time left after reading and posting here on CB...

Married with 2 beautiful little girls and a handsome pug. I'm into cars, too much TV & movies, and of course all things BlackBerry.

After years of Motorola iDen phones (aka Mike phones in Canada), I tried the iDen BB 7520. Hated everything about it except BrickBreaker. Gave it back, but when I tried the Curve 8330 a year later it was instant love. After some lurking, I joined CrackBerry the next year when the Tour 9630 came out.

My exciting BBM Channel is C0001F61B. I'm on Twitter as @Elite1_ and I'm (usually) good about returning to threads where I've posted, so those are both great places to ask me anything. And of course there's always a PM too.

I'm excited and very proud to be part of the CrackBerry Moderator team, and part of Mobile Nations in general.
    See you in the Forums!
    Last edited by Elite1; 01-24-16 at 12:37 PM.
    Duvi, Eli_B, middbrew and 5 others like this.
    06-20-13 01:17 AM
    So being a n00b to CB I need to introduce myself. Even my close friends refer to me as "oldskool"... this is what happens when you come from a car club family. I do IT support, and many other duties in my daily life. Geek for my entire life, was building my own computer before some of you were born, and while some of you were just getting started in your adult life (basically in my 30s now and feeling old). I have been using Palm devices before there was a true "smartphone" (handspring). Some may not feel the same, but BB10 has given me a new home, my wife and I have sampled the others, but happy to say just handling a Z10 demo has set the wife and I on a crash course for BB10 devices.

About me personally, we don't have kids, we have VWs and fur babies. Love sports and cars, all four major N/A sports (won't name teams, yet) and racing that makes you turn both right and left in the same race. Been part of Mobile Nations since 2009, and have been moderating at PreCentral/webOSNation for years now. Very happy to be part of the mod team here at CB, looking forward to a long future of using BB devices. I have become close friends with many developers/homebrewers in my time with webOS I look forward to continuing that with BB to help our CB forums users.

Update: (added by pkcable) As some of you know we lost Josh in Dec 2014. I will leave up his intro post in his memory! MISS YOU BUDDY! Here's the CB blog about him.....

Saluting one of the best moderators CrackBerry (and webOS Nation) ever had
    Last edited by pkcable; 07-08-15 at 09:51 AM. Reason: adding info
    Elite1, Duvi, Eli_B and 7 others like this.
    06-22-13 01:15 PM
    Hey guys and gals!

Out in the world my name is Luc Bouillon and i'm a real estate broker from Barrie Ontario Canada. I've been using a Blackbery since before they were even called Blackberry's dating all the way back to the RIM 950 and I've used or owned almost every model released since. I've also been an avid reader of the Crackberry blogs since inception, and joined the forum side of things in 2008. I'm a tech junky who always has to have the latest and greatest, I've enjoyed every new Blackberry more then the last but nothing even comes close to the love I have for my Z10!

Before becoming a Realtor, I spent the better part of 10 years managing stores for Canada's then largest wireless distribution channel. As such I have an in depth knowledge of all the platforms, and in how carriers operate. I always found Crackberry to be a fantastic resource to learn about tips & tricks, new devices and rumors for the future, and as I grew with the site I loved being able to impart my knowledge and enrich the community, so when I was asked to become an ambassador and eventually to join the Mod Staff I was thrilled to do so but I can honestly say for as much as I give to this community I continue to be surprised at what I learn from it as well.

Through the good times and the bad, the Crackberry forums have been a community united by a platform like no other - and I am thrilled to be a part of it!

09-06-13 07:06 PM
    Hello, Andy here Indonesian born New Zealander. Been on CrackBerry for quite some time. My daily driver is now an iPhone.

A family man with now 6 year old twins.

Love gadgets in general. My passion is to help people solve their IT problems. Don't hesitate to email me andy dot ghozali at mobilenations dot com.

Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Last edited by zocster; 03-27-16 at 02:00 PM.
    12-09-13 01:04 AM
    Greetings, citizens of CrackBerry!

Ron here from the Pearl of the Orient Seas. I'm fairly new to the site, being just joined in August of 2013, after being a lurker for months. Aside from most of the people here, I just received my first BlackBerry two months before, and that is the BlackBerry Z10. Before that, I owned about 6 Nokia phones and no, it isn't a Lumia.

When I'm not here at CrackBerry scouring the Unanswered threads, I am probably watching TV, sleeping, doing some audiophile stuff or working as an avionics technician mainly for Airbus A330 and A340 aircrafts at a local MRO facility.

I am very happy to be a part of the team and eager to help the community in any way I can. Cheers!

Meet the Moderators of CrackBerry-img_00004504.png
    Ecm, BergerKing, Elite1 and 9 others like this.
    03-26-14 09:48 PM
    Hello CrackBerry! Kinson here from Vancouver, BC, Canada. By day, I'm a Project Manager for a global disaster recovery and property restoration company. At home, I'm a family guy with a wonderful wife, 2 boys, and a bratty pug. I'm a recovering gamer, a (bad) golfer, big NFL (49ers) and NHL (Canucks) fan, love cars, Star Wars, and of course, tech.

I first stepped into the world of CrackBerry in 2008 when I picked up an 8130 and was instantly hooked. Previous to that, for many years I had used the combination of a Palm or Windows Mobile PDA and whatever the high end Motorola clamshell phone of the day was. My current daily drivers are a work issued 9900, my personal Z10 and Nexus 5, along with an iPad mini retina and Nexus 7 for my tablet needs. You will find me at times on iMore and Android Central as well, but CrackBerry will always be home.

I'm happy and proud to be part of the Mobile Nations and CrackBerry team. Looking forward to seeing and interacting with you all in the forums!
    03-26-14 10:27 PM
    Hello everyone my name is Usman Hidayat originally from jakarta , Indonesia but I have been working in malaysia for 6 years so malaysia is my second home country

I've using BlackBerry since 2010 with my first BlackBerry Bold 9700 and then in 2013 I got my z10 and bring me here to crackbery looking for tips and tricks for BlackBerry 10 and meet great people here too
    I met my wife here too when she open thread "z10 in Indonesia" that's the first time I know her

I'm very proud to be part of mobile nation and crackbery team
    I'm happy if I can help people solve their issues with their device

Add me on bbm pin:2B5C86A9 cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Attached Thumbnails Meet the Moderators of CrackBerry-img_20140628_204425.png  
    07-08-14 09:44 AM
    Hi there, I'm Antoine, from France, Paris area. I will turn 50 in a few weeks .
    I've been using BlackBerry since the 9000's times and became CrackBerrian when first rumors of PlayBook and BB10 emerged.
    I'm a BlackBerry Elite and CB Ambassador for a while now and very happy and flattered to join the mod team.
    My English is probably sometimes laughable, sometimes funny ... but always exotic !

You can BBM me, pin: Superfly or/and visit my Channel Superfly_FR : C00035FA6.

Meet you in the forums !
    Cheers
    SF

Meet the Moderators of CrackBerry-win_20141206_183303.jpg
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-04-15 at 12:43 PM.
    Uzi, m1kr0, zocster and 5 others like this.
    11-04-15 09:11 AM
    Hey, guys...I'm Terry Davis, also known as TLD1 as a moderator on the iMore and CrackBerry Mobile Nations websites. I've been on the Moderator Team at iMore for a couple of months, and had been carrying out moderator duties on the CrackBerry Marketplace for quite some time now...but have been given the opportunity to serve here at CrackBerry in a "full" Moderator position. I'm happy to be here, as I've had a warm heart for all things BlackBerry since my first BB device (8700c), and have been a CrackBerry member since 2008.

Out in the "real world", I am in the retail automobile business, and have been for the last 35-years. I'm currently a sales manager at a family-owned General Motors dealership in Springfield, MO since 2004, having moved to the midwest from my home state of Texas. On top of being a tech fan (obviously) I spend my very little spare time playing music, riding motorcycles, fishing, boating on the lake, and serving in my church.

I hope that I can be a useful member of the Moderation team, not only for Mobile Nations, but to this community that has taught me so much and has been a "home" to me for such a long time. I'm here to help and not to be hinderance. I want very much to help keep CrackBerry (and iMore as well) a place where members can feel comfortable, and where we can share information and our love of BlackBerry...and where we can feel safe and at home. I'm happy to be aboard.

Feel free to PM me or BBM me at 58E2A4C5.

Last edited by TLD1; 01-22-16 at 11:30 AM.
    Ecm, Jamie Wooten, zocster and 2 others like this.
    01-22-16 11:16 AM