So i have a media card in my phone, but i have the sinking feeling that when i loaded some pictures onto my BB Pearl that they didn't go to the media card!

So can someone tell me:
    1. how do i put my BB in mass storage mode to transfer files from windows explorer

2. is "device memory" my media card or something else, thats where all my pictures are right now

3.do i need to do something to turn it "on", when i check status on my phone it says my media card is 1.8GB and that i have 1.8GB free...HELP!

4. I tried to use the move function to move one picture from the BB to the card, but nothing happens, what did i do wrong?

Thanks all!
    06-25-08 04:49 PM
    1. Your BB should prompt you when you connect it to the DM.

2. Device memoury is just that. Memoury on your device, aka-phone. Not your media card.

3. Your phone will automatically recognize it when it is properly inserted. Select the photo you want to move, click menu, and select "Move." Then move it to your media card folder.
    06-25-08 04:54 PM
    options>advanced options > media card, set media card support to 'on', mass storage support mode to yes and auto enable mass storage when connected to yes.
    06-25-08 04:58 PM
    From media go to the menu, options, scroll down to Reserved Pictures Memory, change that to zero to free up some device memory too.
    06-25-08 05:31 PM
    1. Your BB should prompt you when you connect it to the DM.

2. Device memoury is just that. Memoury on your device, aka-phone. Not your media card.

3. Your phone will automatically recognize it when it is properly inserted. Select the photo you want to move, click menu, and select "Move." Then move it to your media card folder.
    You spell memory with a "u", but you're from Arizona. I'm confused. Explain this to me!
    06-25-08 05:53 PM
    You spell memory with a "u", but you're from Arizona. I'm confused. Explain this to me!
    I'm from Canada, dear.
    06-25-08 06:05 PM
    I'm from Canada, dear.
    Which spelling would you use "Tire or Tyre " ? or better yet how about "Center or Centre"
    06-25-08 10:26 PM
    we don't judge by 'colour' either.... even though that one is wrong...
    06-26-08 09:09 AM
    we don't judge by 'colour' either.... even though that one is wrong...
    As far as I know, Canadians do spell color with a "u" also. At least the ones I know do, they're from Ontario.
    06-26-08 10:39 AM
    Which spelling would you use "Tire or Tyre " ? or better yet how about "Center or Centre"
    I think they use both there, my friends from Ontario said that they spell it "tire" when referring to a wheel or something of that nature, but then they have things like a "tyre store" which is apparently like a Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm just going on what I've been told, so you might want to confirm this with someone from Canada.

EDIT: We use both centre and center here in Florida, one referring to the center of something/somewhere. The other referring to for instance a medical centre. I'm not sure how often it's used but I have seen it on a couple signs. It's bugging me now though because it's showing up as incorrect in spell-check!
    06-26-08 10:41 AM
    does the media card have a name? when i look for a place to move a picture, it just says device memory....theres doesnt appear to be more options
    06-26-08 05:18 PM
    Tire
    Centre
    06-26-08 05:22 PM
    does the media card have a name? when i look for a place to move a picture, it just says device memory....theres doesnt appear to be more options
    When you save a pic, you must actually choose the folder media card instead of device memoury, unless you have your media card saved as your default storage for pics/vids/etc.
    06-26-08 05:23 PM
    do i need to format the card?
    06-26-08 05:26 PM
    No. It should be good to go. Just pop it in your phone, and the device will immediately recognize it.
    06-26-08 05:27 PM
    how do i make it my default for pics/vid?
    06-26-08 05:44 PM
    How do i make the media card my default for pictures and video>
    06-26-08 05:49 PM
    Um. I'm trying to think.... I honestly can't remember... I just checked under Media>Options, and it isn't there... Hopefully someone can tell you while I'm trying to remember.
    06-26-08 05:52 PM
    Go to your camera and hit the menu button, then options and scroll down to store pictures and change it there. Good luck!
    06-26-08 05:56 PM
    Welcome to BB OP, and Welcome to America jeneywins!
    06-26-08 05:56 PM
    Welcome to BB OP, and Welcome to America jeneywins!
    Um... Thank you..??
    06-26-08 06:00 PM
    welcome to CB..heres some useful info>>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-27-08 12:18 AM
    Question.. bc I'm so blasted confused..

I have my memory card installed. There were pictures that I had on my phone already that I want to move to the memory card. Now... When I pick the picture, click options, the move the area it gives me to move it to is:

media card/blackberry/pictures.

Does the fone automatically set up the folders on the card once it's installed, because I sure didnt!
    06-30-08 08:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

The device should default to saving the pics on the microSD once it is installed an formatted.
    06-30-08 08:52 AM
    Um... Thank you..??
    LMAO!! wtf... Welcome to America??
    06-30-08 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD