Hello, I installed a 2gb card in my cruve 8330 no problems. I have put music and pictures on the card but it always says 1.8 total space and 1.8gb used.I have formated and reinstalled it 10 times still the same.So i never know what I used or have left??Using 0s 4.5.0.77. Had this problem also before I upgraded os.
    Help?
    Thanks
    Mike
    10-12-08 12:20 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

After formatting, you card will never have 2gb free. I'm not sure why it would say 1.8gb used total and 1.8gb used. When and where did you get the card? What make?

Duvi
    10-12-08 12:37 PM
    Thankyou.

It is a kingston I bought on ebay but if I take it out of my phone and put in my wife curve the free and used memory totals adjust? Is it something in my phone??
    10-12-08 12:52 PM
    The formatting will eat up some space but almost all memory card manufacturers equate amount of memory differently than our computers and devices do. Our computers and devices count it using binary math. Which is the exact way. In binary math there are 1024 bytes per kilobyte and 1024 kilobytes per megabyte and 1024 megabytes per gigabyte. Manufacturers just go by 1,000,000,000 bytes per Gig so a 2 GB card would be considered to have 2,000,000,000 bytes of memory on it. So, if you think of it divided by 1024 (now we're down to kb) and then 1024 again (at the MB level now) and once more by 1024 (GB finally!) it's 1.863 GB. So, in reality the formatting hardly eats up anything and it's the math that is accounting for the difference.
    10-12-08 12:54 PM
    Thankyou.

It is a kingston I bought on ebay but if I take it out of my phone and put in my wife curve the free and used memory totals adjust? Is it something in my phone??
    Are you looking at Options>Media Card?
    10-12-08 12:56 PM
    Hello, I installed a 2gb card in my cruve 8330 no problems. I have put music and pictures on the card but it always says 1.8 total space and 1.8gb used.I have formated and reinstalled it 10 times still the same.So i never know what I used or have left??Using 0s 4.5.0.77. Had this problem also before I upgraded os.
    Help?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Boy, I need to learn to read. Sorry Mike. I missed the part about you saying after putting files on it that the used and total space show up as the same number. The only thing I can think of is that your files went on the device memory and not the memory card. But I'm guessing that's not the case. I have no clue why it would do that...
    10-12-08 12:59 PM
    yes I am looking at options media card. I do understand about the formatting taking up memory. but even after I put alot of pictures and music it still states 1.8 free 1.8 used when I clearly put the stuff on the card the memory never goes down?

thanks
    mike
    10-12-08 01:02 PM
    thanks for looking @ my question
    10-12-08 01:11 PM
    Mike, I have the same thing happen with my bb. At first I thought that the music I had stored was going into device memory and not the card. So I took the card out and the music went with it so I know that the music is being stored on the card. No matter how much I have on the card, it says the same thing, just like yours.
    10-12-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks Joe
    I guess you have not found away to correct this problem either?
    Mike
    10-13-08 10:06 AM
    Same thing happens with my VZW 8330 Curve. No matter how much data I save onto my 2 gb card, it always says 1.8 total, 1.8 free. It is a bit irttitating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD