Hi! I received my new addiction, er phone, Friday night. Within an hour I understood the affectionate term crackberry. All weekend, even though I have 3 perfectly functional computers in front of me, I used my crackberry to send email, instant messages, etc.

and it's such a cute looking phone!!

Anyway, I seem to have mucked Yahoo (YIM) up. I received a spam IM so I chose the ignore user option. Ever since then the new yahoo message indicator will just not go away.

Here's what I've done so far (in the order done)
    1. Checked for any new messages.
    2. Signed off Yahoo messenger and signed back on.
    3. Selected the display ignored users option, but there's a giant list there apparently and none of them have any indicator.
    4. Turned off Phone, removed battery.
    5. Uninstalled YIM, reinstalled.

The damn thing is still there! Have I broken my new toy?
    09-14-08 08:23 AM
    I'm not sure how to fix the problem - I don't use YIM but I know someone here will be able to help you!! So don't worry, its not broken! congrats on your BB!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 08:42 AM
    Miss_michelle is correct, I doubt you have broken your BB. If it is a smiley or emoticon, it may not be a Yahoo notification. If you have no unread or offline messages in Yahoo IM, it could be a Blackberry Messenger PIN notification. Open BB Messenger and see if you have something in there.
    09-14-08 08:54 AM
    welcome to cb!
    09-14-08 10:35 AM
    princess you said you turned the phone off then removed the battery try this with the phone ON pull the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in
    09-14-08 10:44 AM
    Hello, & welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-14-08 10:50 AM
    blueberry23 is correct i had the same problem with bb msgr and i had to pull the batt with the bb on and it turned it off
    and congrats on ur new bb
    09-14-08 12:15 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    09-14-08 01:02 PM
    Miss_michelle is correct, I doubt you have broken your BB. If it is a smiley or emoticon, it may not be a Yahoo notification. If you have no unread or offline messages in Yahoo IM, it could be a Blackberry Messenger PIN notification. Open BB Messenger and see if you have something in there.
    It was the bb messenger! It looked JUST like the Yahoo icons. I had a new friend request in the bb messenger, but since I had no plans on using it, it was hidden from my home page.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
    09-14-08 01:55 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

~JEF~
    09-19-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD