I used to have a 9930 that I liked but had gone to iphone and android in recent years. I just now switched from my Nexus 5 to a BlackBerry Passport and I am loving it. This phone feels so solid and while it is taking some getting used to, I love the screen size. Being able to now sideload .apks has alleviated all worried I had last time I was a blackberry user.

Do you guys find it worthwhile to install Google play or Snap at the moment? I've been pretty happy with the selection on the amazon app store so far but are there more perks to going directly through

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:42 PM
    Welcome BACK to BLACK!
    So you have a Passport! Enjoy that beauty! I still haven't been able to even see one in person!
    I have snap and amazon app store only and i seem to be able to get all the apps i want for my 30. I would definitely do snap!
    07-27-15 07:48 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Glad to hear you're loving your new Passport. Nexus 5 seems like a great device too, so you have a pretty good track record apparently!

I personally use Snap in addition to Amazon Appstore, and of course BlackBerry World.
    Lots of users use Cobalt's Google Playstore apk too and like it.

Snap is very easy to install. I thought it sounded complicated at first, then sideloaded it using the desktop program Sachesi and couldn't believe how easy it was. Give it a try!

I see you've already discovered the CB10 app too, so you're off to a great start. See you in the Forums!
    07-27-15 07:49 PM
    Welcome kitmichaelball, it's funny that most new Blackberry customers have chosen the Passport. Good to have you on board with us! Enjoy your Passport it will last you a long time
    07-28-15 10:41 AM
    That's great, I'm new to BlackBerry, and have a Passport also. Such a cool intelligent device. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:30 PM
    The Passport is a one-of-a-kind! Glad to hear that it won you over!

I personally don't use a ton of apps but I do use Snap for the few that I have. I find the interface to be super clean and it runs smooth and just as it should. I find the Amazon App store to run just a bit too clunky for my liking. I used the Google Chrome Extension to sideload Snap and it was very easy.
    07-28-15 10:37 PM
    Do you guys find it worthwhile to install Google play or Snap at the moment?
    I run both, but find Snap tends to be my "go-to". Here's my micro-step method I recommend for those new to BlackBerry.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Un-archive the exe file (currently a 7zip file)
    3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    4. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    5. Plug your device into your computer.
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    7. Click on the install tab.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    9. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    07-31-15 04:57 PM