So now that Verizon finally has some cheaper plans for the BB phones I made the switch to a Curve. I thought that I would miss some of the capabilities of my PPC but nope, I am liking this phone.

Now I just need help finding apps for it. So far I have Google Maps, Opera, and Journal Bar loaded but does any one else have any recommendations for must have apps? It seems to take a lot more work to find the right apps for the BB then it did for the PPC.

Now if you will excuse me, my mountain bike is calling... I hope the Curve is shock proof!
    07-06-08 10:45 AM
    Welcome to the Crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 10:51 AM
    Google search,and weathereye,viigo...bb alarms pro. :-)

Welcome to CB!

07-06-08 10:53 AM
    Viigo!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-06-08 11:03 AM
    Welcome! I too used to have a PPC but I never really loved it the way I do my BB I'm sure you'll be happy here

07-06-08 11:07 AM
    Welcome to CB and BB life.........for me I just added the m.google apps and called it good.......they are simple to use and functional.........viigo just did not do it for me so I killed it..........just my personal pref............if you have a data plan def add the wap.crackberry site........

Enjoy your switch........make SURE you get a case that works for YOUR lifestyle and needs........and name you BB.........

Mine is named HALLE(Berry)

Also, lots of ways to pimp your phone......many have opted to flaunt their colored BALLz........lemme know if you want the low down to do it.......it takes like three minutes and is simple to do.........I have attached a photo of my BALLz for you.........
    07-06-08 11:50 AM
    Welcome to BB and CB. I just made the switch from a WM phone about a month ago. I absolutely love it, but like you I am still trying to find the right applications. So far I have BBsmart shorts and alarms pro, the facebook application, and jivetalk.

07-06-08 11:56 AM
    Welcome to CB!! You'll find plenty of apps, chose the ones you like best.
    07-06-08 12:08 PM
    Welcome to CB and BB life.........for me I just added the m.google apps and called it good.......they are simple to use and functional.........viigo just did not do it for me so I killed it..........just my personal pref............if you have a data plan def add the wap.crackberry site........

Enjoy your switch........make SURE you get a case that works for YOUR lifestyle and needs........and name you BB.........

Mine is named HALLE(Berry)

Also, lots of ways to pimp your phone......many have opted to flaunt their colored BALLz........lemme know if you want the low down to do it.......it takes like three minutes and is simple to do.........I have attached a photo of my BALLz for you.........
    I tried out Viigo as well and similarly don't see it as being anything that great. As for the Ballz thing... I will have to look into that, blue would be better!

I just wish that I could find a program on par with the SBSH PocketWeather that I had loaded on my PPC.

Anyways, I have to go back to working on that IT degree so that I can understand half of what is posted in here.
    07-07-08 08:49 PM
    try VLINGO, some hate it some love it, I myself find it useful. Basicly it's a voice recognition program, you can say commands such as "message" name and then say " hey how are you" and instead of typing hey how are you, it types it in the message box for you. I like to use it while driving i can tell my blackberry what to say and i do not have to take my eyes off the road to see what I am writing, this program also works with e-mail, calender, note pad, internet and most other blackberry applications.

www dot vlingo dot com
    07-07-08 09:09 PM
    Welcome to CB!!
    07-07-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD