Hello everyone!
    This is my first Blackberry, the 8830. I just got it on Monday when Verizon released it. I downloaded the free PocketMac in order to get all of my contacts into my BB. I purchased a 2 gig microSD card and installed it (the BB sees it).
    Here is my problem: I cannot seem to get any music, photos or video on to the card. I probably need some other program that will work with a Mac.
    Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-30-07 07:52 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Did you remember to turn on 'mass storage' when connecting it to the PC? That allows you to copy/paste to the card on the device. Also, did you install Desktop Manager (DM) 4.2?
    05-30-07 07:59 AM
    You must not have noticed that I said I was a Mac user and was looking for a way to put music and photos on my microSD card using a MAC.
    05-30-07 08:02 AM
    This is what happens when you rush!

Can you connect your sd card (with adapter) to your MAC? If yes, copy the items that way...
    05-30-07 08:04 AM
    I did just check and thought I had enabled mass storage. Guess I didn't. So now that is all set. I am not home on my computer but will have to get a card reader to use and will try to drag stuff like you suggested.
    05-30-07 08:08 AM
    Yep, you should be able to copy & paste to your hearts content!
    05-30-07 08:09 AM
    I just got an 8830 too, and like you I am a Mac user. I have a 15" Macbook Pro. The way that I have been transferring my files is by Bluetooth. It works great for media. The one thing I figured out is that on the BB you have to go to the media application and press the menu key and click "Receive Using Bluetooth" and then send the file from your Mac. You also also to set up a connection before you even start, but that only takes a minute. It works great. I transferred a 3.5mb song today in under 2 minutes.

JB
    06-12-07 08:11 PM
    About to buy the curve (8300 At&T) Why should I unlock, should I unlock before I use it, will it affect my New at&t phone and data plan (been with sprint 8 years never had a blackberry, borderline tech ********) and what do I do to sync with my mac (ibook g4) any info would be really appreciated.
    06-13-07 03:43 AM
    I need all the help I can get... Excited to join the rage but I don't know s@#$%^t!!
    06-13-07 03:44 AM
    Also torn about whether I should wait for tmobile to get it before I jump, is the difference between At&t and tmobile significant?
    06-13-07 03:52 AM
    Souluna,

AT&T has better coverage than T-Mobile, or so I hear. I had AT&T for a couple of years and never really had any coverage problems, my friends that have T-Mobile though sometimes will not get coverage. It all depends on where you live though, all of the services are better in more populated areas.

If you unlock the phone that just means that you can take to another carrier. For example if you start at AT&T, with an unlocked phone you can take that phone to T-Mobile. Note: It only works with phones on the same type of network. For example: AT&T and T-Mobile are the same type of network, and Verizon and Sprint are on a different type.

I hope this helps.
    JB
    06-19-07 11:50 AM
    i'd like to put in my two cents...
    i'm a newb at this forum but have been a bb user with t-mobile for about 2 years...
    i recently got an 8300 curve and unloked it thru att...(long story)
    i have had nothing but good with the service and features...
    i have internet...(t-zones for now am getting bis next week..also long story)
    i have had no problems with transfering media to and from the phone on a mac (intel mac mini) using both the built in bluetooth transfer on the mac and pocketmac. I have google mail pushed on the the phone and about to set my messenger up for im's
    overall i think this is the best bb i've used...although i really wanted a true gps and not just google maps. i needed a camera more thats why i went with the curve
    06-19-07 02:50 PM
    If You Go To Blackberry.com You Can Download The App Pocket Blackberry For Mac. This Will Sinc Ur 8300 With Your Mac. You Have To Go To The Sync Settings And Check All The Apps U Want Synced With The Phone. Address Book, Ical And All Those Apps. I Hope This Helped
    06-21-07 05:20 AM
    After, many hours logged this weekend on threads and on the phone (and in the store) with Verizon I found there is NO support for Mac on the new Blackberry 8830, nor is there any to look forward to in the near future. Currently, there seems to be no way to connect your mac with the media section of the phone so don't think you'll be getting any tunes of pics on there soon.

It's too bad, because the phone is really cool but with the whole quiet ringer issue and lack of mac support, it looks like you shoudn't get one unless you are a PC user.

If I'm wrong, about this, please tell me cause at this point I'm desperate to figure it out or I'm just gonna take it back...
    Thanks!
    06-25-07 07:12 PM
    I just got an 8830 too, and like you I am a Mac user. I have a 15" Macbook Pro. The way that I have been transferring my files is by Bluetooth. It works great for media. The one thing I figured out is that on the BB you have to go to the media application and press the menu key and click "Receive Using Bluetooth" and then send the file from your Mac. You also also to set up a connection before you even start, but that only takes a minute. It works great. I transferred a 3.5mb song today in under 2 minutes.

JB

how do you send the file from your mac? I have tried using itunes and the finder, but i can't find a 'send to device' feature or anything like that?

to do this right now I've installed Parallels Desktop so I can run a virtual Windows OS on my MacBook Pro - but I would really prefer to use Windows as little as possible!
    Last edited by keta; 10-01-07 at 06:20 PM.
    10-01-07 06:11 PM
    After, many hours logged this weekend on threads and on the phone (and in the store) with Verizon I found there is NO support for Mac on the new Blackberry 8830, nor is there any to look forward to in the near future. Currently, there seems to be no way to connect your mac with the media section of the phone so don't think you'll be getting any tunes of pics on there soon.

It's too bad, because the phone is really cool but with the whole quiet ringer issue and lack of mac support, it looks like you shoudn't get one unless you are a PC user.

If I'm wrong, about this, please tell me cause at this point I'm desperate to figure it out or I'm just gonna take it back...
    Thanks!

Not sure exactly you are missing as far as mac support goes. Files transfer (pics, songs, video) easily either via bluetooth or direct drag and drop to SD card disk image on MAC desktop. As MAc user, if you are to frustrated, you are probably trying too hard.
    10-06-07 02:32 PM
    JB, I follow you, so...how do you TRANSFER from the Mac via Bluetooth? For video for example?

Thanks,

TLB
    10-22-07 05:25 PM
    Not sure exactly you are missing as far as mac support goes. Files transfer (pics, songs, video) easily either via bluetooth or direct drag and drop to SD card disk image on MAC desktop. As MAc user, if you are to frustrated, you are probably trying too hard.
    PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED ON THIS MAC to BB 8830 issue. I just want to get my MacBookPro address book into my BB.
    12-27-07 01:43 AM
    Hello all, I'm pretty new to all this stuff - I'm looking for software for my blackberry that will sync to my MacBook. Ascendo Money seems to be for the PC. Any ideas?
    07-01-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD