First of all hi to everyone stumbled upon this site and I am impressed.

I have went through the various posts on here that I could find on issues with the low volume and not being able to hear phone calls etc but either I missed something or cant find it....does anyone know if there is a fix yet for this other than having to use other software etc. to edit the ringtones to make them louder?

I just got my new blackberry pearl 8100 and its driving me nuts that I keep missing calls cause I can hardly hear the phone ringing despite my settings being on loud...having my phone on vibrate isnt an option 4 me cause I dont like that setting. Been searching google and everywhere else but still havnt gotten a answer that would fix this problem.

I have just upgraded my OS to v4.2.1.109 Platform 2.3.085 thinking that would fix it but no luck. I am with Rogers in Canada

Thanks for any response and hope there is or is going to be a fix for this cause as I said it is driving me nuts.

cheers
    Terry
    01-31-08 01:42 AM
    thanks to everyone who responded, i'll be sure to come back and ask another question soon.
    02-01-08 06:37 PM
    My first Post !!

Try less dairy in your diet ...... might help the stress.
    Last edited by London Luke; 02-04-08 at 08:27 AM.
    02-04-08 08:25 AM
    My first Post !!

did it ever ocurr to you that it was NEW YEARS EVE etc and maybe low traffic on the site?

Try less dairy in your diet ...... might help the stress.
    uhhhh wtf? lol anyways

welcome to the site....both of u
    02-04-08 08:27 AM
    First of all hi to everyone stumbled upon this site and I am impressed.

I have went through the various posts on here that I could find on issues with the low volume and not being able to hear phone calls etc but either I missed something or cant find it....does anyone know if there is a fix yet for this other than having to use other software etc. to edit the ringtones to make them louder?

I just got my new blackberry pearl 8100 and its driving me nuts that I keep missing calls cause I can hardly hear the phone ringing despite my settings being on loud...having my phone on vibrate isnt an option 4 me cause I dont like that setting. Been searching google and everywhere else but still havnt gotten a answer that would fix this problem.

I have just upgraded my OS to v4.2.1.109 Platform 2.3.085 thinking that would fix it but no luck. I am with Rogers in Canada

Thanks for any response and hope there is or is going to be a fix for this cause as I said it is driving me nuts.

cheers
    Terry
    have u tried installing louder ringtones? this does not require any other software other transferring the ringtone onto the phone. If u have a microSD in the phone u can just plug it into your comp and transfer it using windows explorer
    02-04-08 08:29 AM
    profiles > (scroll down to) advanced > loud (active) > phone > default volume is medium, try changing this. also, put it on "tone" instead of vibrate+tone to give yourself more time to hear it, otherwise it vibes first. good luck and welcome!
    02-04-08 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD