I just got a message from my bb Curve saying that I needed to free the internal memory bc it was getting full. I haven't installed a lot of apps, though.
    I have a microSD of 2GB, but I guess my bb is not using it. Can I make the SD card the default location for installs?
    I have some games and apps that I want to intalls (as a good newbie), but I don't want my bb to run out of memory.
    08-27-08 02:34 PM
    I just got a message from my bb Curve saying that I needed to free the internal memory bc it was getting full. I haven't installed a lot of apps, though.
    I have a microSD of 2GB, but I guess my bb is not using it. Can I make the SD card the default location for installs?
    I have some games and apps that I want to intalls (as a good newbie), but I don't want my bb to run out of memory.

No you cant. Memory card is only for media and not apps or data saved. Check out the link on my signature to optimize your memory and your issues will be solved.
    08-27-08 02:36 PM
    Uh. Hmm. Well, first off, generally your Blackberry will NOT alert you to a low memoury issue. It will just begin to dump all your texts, email, call log, etc. So this is a new one to me.

That being said, what is your file free? Because you have an SD card does not free you from memoury issues.
    08-27-08 02:37 PM
    Besides the link that I told you about on my signature, here is another good one to check out... How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    08-27-08 02:39 PM
    Yes but Garz, seriously.. Have you ever heard of a BB alerting someone to low internal mem before deleting all their texts/etc? Because I haven't!
    08-27-08 02:40 PM
    Uh. Hmm. Well, first off, generally your Blackberry will NOT alert you to a low memoury issue. It will just begin to dump all your texts, email, call log, etc. So this is a new one to me.

That being said, what is your file free? Because you have an SD card does not free you from memoury issues.
    File free says 0 bytes

My bad, it reads 344520 Bytes (I don't know why it read 0 before, maybe I didn't give it time to load, I don't know!)
    Last edited by h4x0rmx; 08-27-08 at 03:23 PM.
    08-27-08 02:43 PM
    Yes but Garz, seriously.. Have you ever heard of a BB alerting someone to low internal mem before deleting all their texts/etc? Because I haven't!
    Soembody just the other day posted the same thing about the device giving a low memory reminder but have not really heard of that before or I just was not paying attention.
    08-27-08 02:44 PM
    Maybe I got that message because I didn't actually close any applications and I kept opening more and more.
    Who knows?
    08-27-08 03:26 PM
    Soembody just the other day posted the same thing about the device giving a low memory reminder but have not really heard of that before or I just was not paying attention.
    That's interesting.

Anyhow, as for the OQ, follow the link in my or Garz's signature.
    08-27-08 03:28 PM
    Do you all happen to know why they recommend do "Set Device Memory Limit to 12 Mb"? Why 12 and not 15Mb?
    08-27-08 03:41 PM
    Who is "they" and where did you hear this? 12MB is the recommended amount of memoury to keep free at all times to keep your device running stable.
    08-27-08 03:42 PM
    Who is "they" and where did you hear this? 12MB is the recommended amount of memoury to keep free at all times to keep your device running stable.
    The user is talking about the media player options on max memory allowed. It talks about this in the other link I posted from BB 101.
    08-27-08 03:52 PM
    With I was referring to "Stoner", the author of the article from your signature. He writes "Set Device Memory Limit to 12 Mb and Reserved Pictures Memory to 0 Mb."
    I just read another article that recommended the same thing.

Why 12 and not 15? Wouldn't it be better? (I'm just curious, I really don't know what's that memory is used for, so my opinion wouldn't matter)
    08-27-08 03:53 PM
    With I was referring to "Stoner", the author of the article from your signature. He writes "Set Device Memory Limit to 12 Mb and Reserved Pictures Memory to 0 Mb."
    I just read another article that recommended the same thing.

Why 12 and not 15? Wouldn't it be better? (I'm just curious, I really don't know what's that memory is used for, so my opinion wouldn't matter)

12 is better so your device is not allowed to use up too much device memory for media
    08-27-08 03:54 PM
    Ok! thank y'all!
    08-27-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD