I did not download BB maps onto my Pearl 8130, there was a "maps" application on it when I first got my BB yesterday.

I downloaded Google maps and it is great! Can I delete the original maps application to save space, or does it have stuff in it I need to run google maps?

Thanks.
    09-28-08 01:37 PM
    Yes, go for it.
    09-28-08 01:48 PM
    you can delete but your best bet i think is vz navigator
    if ya gana use any thing like gps to find were you are with google maps vzw blocks that...
    09-28-08 02:01 PM
    I am finding that google maps is working with GPS just fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 02:46 PM
    yea it works ok ....
    it works for what i need it for and with out vz navigator
    so aslong as it does what you need it for then go for it
    09-28-08 02:53 PM
    Verizon with Google maps isn't as accurate as the Nav program for Verizon. If you don't need to be very accurate then go with Google & save yourself the $10 per month Verizon charges for the Nav program. Also create more memory by deleting the BB maps if you are not going to use them.
    09-28-08 05:12 PM
    Verizon blocks the internal GPS from being used by any app other than VZNav. If you want to use Google Maps or BBMaps with GPS accuracy, you will need to buy an external bluetooth GPS. If you do that, you will need BBMaps to start the GPS function. Google Maps cannot start the GPS. If Google's cell-tower location mode provides sufficient accuracy for your purposes, then you're fine without BBMaps.
    09-28-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD