I'm new.
    And I need some help.

I don't currently have a blackberry, but I'm looking to possibly get one when I can upgrade at the end of the month.
    Right now I have a Blackjack that I love, aside from it's few problems.
    I was looking to get an iPhone, but decided against it after talking to some VERY happy BB users.

So here come the questions,
    -For the time that I've owned PDAs/smartphones, I've always had windows mobile. Can anyone who's made that switch let me know how that was? haha

-I would really love to still be able to use AIM/MSN, but I don't have (and would like to avoid getting for a while) a data plan right now. Is there a program...something...that I can use on the BB that would use text and not data?

-Is there a way to veiw messages (text messages, since I won't be using email..which everyone tells me defeats the purpose of getting a BB, but oh well) in different folders? My friend has a pearl and all of her texts (sent/recieved) are in one long list. Can you change this?

And now..the REAL problem. WHICH ONE TO GET?!
    I though I had my mind made up with the Curve.
    But after looking at The Bold, I'm not sure.
    Is there a confirmed date when The Bold will come out?

Would one or the other be more appropriate for what I would be using a BB for?
    LOTS of texting, AIM if possible, maybe a little music, and POSSIBLY internet in the future.

THANK YOU to anyone who takes the time to read/answer all of this.
    10-23-08 06:24 PM
    Blackberry OS is more user friendly.
    There are apps for IMs on here others will tell you more about (I don't use them)
    No way to seperate SMS into different folders.
    There are posts here the Bold will be released Nov 4th, but I'm not sure they are official yet..
    10-23-08 06:27 PM
    I'm new.
    And I need some help.

I don't currently have a blackberry, but I'm looking to possibly get one when I can upgrade at the end of the month.
    Right now I have a Blackjack that I love, aside from it's few problems.
    I was looking to get an iPhone, but decided against it after talking to some VERY happy BB users.

So here come the questions,
    -For the time that I've owned PDAs/smartphones, I've always had windows mobile. Can anyone who's made that switch let me know how that was? haha
    I'm a recent WM to BB convert and there isn't a WM phone that compares to the entry-level BB. Very easy switch
    -I would really love to still be able to use AIM/MSN, but I don't have (and would like to avoid getting for a while) a data plan right now. Is there a program...something...that I can use on the BB that would use text and not data? Not that I'm aware of

-Is there a way to veiw messages (text messages, since I won't be using email..which everyone tells me defeats the purpose of getting a BB, but oh well) in different folders? My friend has a pearl and all of her texts (sent/recieved) are in one long list. Can you change this? You can save it to the saved messages folder right now. There are some BB brainiacs working on this right now (code)

And now..the REAL problem. WHICH ONE TO GET?!
    I though I had my mind made up with the Curve.
    But after looking at The Bold, I'm not sure.
    Is there a confirmed date when The Bold will come out?
    That's completely up to you. I would suggest going to a local store and "try them out".
    Would one or the other be more appropriate for what I would be using a BB for?
    LOTS of texting, AIM if possible, maybe a little music, and POSSIBLY internet in the future. You may want to stick to the full QWERTY keyboard BB's (all but the Pearl line)

THANK YOU to anyone who takes the time to read/answer all of this.
    See my answers in red
    10-23-08 06:30 PM
    I came from a Windows Mobile device to a Blackberry, and let me just say there is no competition between the two. The blackberry is a far superior device, and there is nothing about it that makes me want to go back to WM!
    10-23-08 07:28 PM
    You can seperate all your sms. In the options turn off "show sent" at least on my curve you can and I'd recommend a curve or pearl but pearls are hard to use if you're using to t9 I love the curve. Is all that needs to be said. But everyone loves their bb so good luck with their choice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD