Hi, I have a curve 8320 with t-mobile service.

originally there were 3 browsers i could choose from on my curve.
    1)internet browser
    2)t-zone
    3)WiFi browser

now the internet browser, and the browser icon still looks the same as before but is set with t-zone instead now. every time i try to open the browser it launches to the t-zone page and i am unable to change the "home page" either.

this all happened after i installed the microhill mortgage calc using desktop manager 4.6, and told it to back up my device data during the install.

Im pretty sure the app itself has nothing to do with it.

I tried restoring the device data that didn't work either, can someone assist me in getting my internet browser back!

Thanks a bunch.

oh, ps, I noticed you guys all have OS v4.5xxx and mine is v4.2xxx....how do i update to the newer one?
    09-05-08 12:00 AM
    Go to the browser and press menu > options > general. Is the default set to Internet Browser?

If there is not Internet Browser listed, close out of the browser, go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Press menu > register now.
    09-05-08 12:05 AM
    THAS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT....YOU DA MAN!
    now can someone esplain to me what in da heck happened?

now how do i update my OS version ?
    Last edited by c32c7; 09-05-08 at 12:16 AM.
    09-05-08 12:13 AM

now how do i update my OS version ?

Follow these steps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-55-a-67504/

EDIT: Do it only if you are comfortable with your phone and playing around with its core software. Problems like a "bricked" phone may arise.
    09-05-08 12:16 AM
    I would also like to echo ADberry's disclaimer. If you are new to the world of BlackBerry, I would recommend that you hold off until T-Mobile releases their official version.
    09-05-08 12:24 AM
    ok so, i just got the thing yesterday.

however i've worked with bb's before, plenty comfy with instructions.

is the upgrade worth it? from 4.2xxxx to 4.5xxxx ?

whats exactly is upgraded? is the difference noticeable?

Appreciate the help.
    09-05-08 12:26 AM
    Definitely!

PROS (to name a few):
    1. Html email
    2. Better browser
    3. Slightly improved calendar and media player UIs
    4. DocsToGo (save word files and view slideshows)
    5. I found a slight increase in speed.
    6. L-theme available by default (my all time fav). Not an important point but its worth mentioning nevertheless

CONS:
    1. No Tmobile version available yet.
    2. I see memory leak.

The pros outweigh the cons for me but you should consider your priorities before upgrading.
    09-05-08 12:30 AM
    sweet, html email is definately worth it, too bad i dont have a back up phone or time to fix a bricked phone

i'll wait, appreciate the advice.
    09-05-08 12:36 AM
    I just wanted to say thank you to the poster who gave the solution to the missing browser. I finally got my husband intot the berry world, with a good deal for me. He took my silver curve, ported his number etc, and I got a new pink curve. I did the desktop manager device transfer process, and it went well, except my browser was missing and I could not access the Internet. Browsing is important to me, so I was glad to resolve this tonight through the Crackberry forums!!! There are alot of smart people here, and are always helpful! It is so appreciated!!!
    09-20-08 10:47 PM
    welcome to Crackberry
    09-21-08 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD