OK, ***** newbie here. Jokes about inept old guy accepted. Was moving around the icons on the home screen for convenience and 'lost' the camera icon. Yes, implication is that it was deleted. Pretty sure my thumbs aren't that wayward. Standard out of the box theme. Assumed it may have been put in another folder. Searched. No good. How can it be retrieved? Thanks in advance,

strick
    09-14-07 09:23 AM
    Welcome to The Crack! Don't sweat it, we were all n00bs once. Except mebbe Navilyn. I think RIM grew him in a lab somewhere and he escaped.

From the Home screen, hit the Menu key (to the left of the trackball) and select Show All. See if it shows up.

Did you create any new folders on your Home screen? Check in all of those, too.
    09-14-07 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. For reference ... it's the curve I have. The menu key only shows the options for the highlighted icon. Have done 'show all' for the icons supporting it. No luck. No new folders created so none to search.

Lost in curve-land ...
    09-14-07 10:00 AM
    Well, it does indeed sound like you've deleted it. You can hit the right-side convenience key to open the camera app in the meantime. Then download the latest Curve OS from Vodaphone linked on this site somewhere, back up your device, then wipe it and reload the new OS. That should restore the icon for ya.
    09-14-07 11:27 AM
    Will give it a shot. Thanks. BTW ... reset the convenience key to 'nothing' since I kept hitting it pulling from the holster. Now back to default. Appreciate the pointer...

strick
    09-14-07 01:28 PM
    Does anyone know any other ways, other than wiping the device and reloading the OS? Please help! Thanks.
    04-27-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD