Hi, I set my VZW 8330 Curve to not have the coverage green indicator light blink.

I did set my phone, sms, mms and email options for REPEAT NOTIFICATION to LED Flashing.

When I receive a missed call, email, or sms, mms my led blinks red to let me know I have a message waiting if I am away from the phone.

But, for the last 2 nights I received emails around 2:00am and I slept thru it. When I woke up at 8:00am in the morning my red light wasnt blinking. I pressed my trackball and I saw the icons showing I had messages waiting. So my question is, does the LED timeout after a certain amount of time because if it doesnt it should have still been blinking red 7 hours after the message came in and I would have seen it at 8am.
    07-13-08 12:58 PM
    I believe it times out at 15 minutes or so. To my knowledge, it's not adjustable - only on or off.
    07-13-08 01:02 PM
    Yes. The led times out after 15 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 01:02 PM
    Thank you very much!!
    07-13-08 04:33 PM
    Is this still the case, that the message notification LED isn't adjustable. That's a pain if so and how come RIM overlooked this? I usually have my BB set to quiet in the office as the rest of guys have this thing about the place sounding like an amusement arcade, when away from my desk it would be useful to have the red LED on an infinite setting for my return and not have to look at the messages screen each time just in case I've missed the 15 min timeout.....pretty fundamental i would have thought.
    09-06-08 05:00 AM
    It times out so as not to run the battery flat. It is nit adjustable for the same reason.
    09-06-08 05:50 AM
    I have the BlackBerry Alerts app. and my LED never times out. I wake up every morning to a rainbow of colors flashing. LOL
    09-06-08 06:42 AM
    I have the BlackBerry Alerts app. and my LED never times out. I wake up every morning to a rainbow of colors flashing. LOL

What's that then
    10-07-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD