I've been lurking around this site for awhile. I am a heavy Apple user and am very happy with my iPhone, but blackberries have always been a curious thing to me.

I have become extremely fascinated by the Blackberry Bold and since I am using a 1st generation iPhone I can upgrade to any phone on ATT and sign a new 2 year contact and get the subsidized price.

I know I would be losing some of the syncing capabilities I have with my iPhone...which I will miss. I am capable of typing very quick on my iPhone, probably even faster on it than on my old Treo. I picked up a Bold in the store and just didn't know where to start. Which leads me to my actual question:

How steep is the learning curve for someone who has used a Treo (akward WinMo) and an iPhone (easiest UI on the planet in my opinion)?
    Last edited by alfredbot9000; 11-18-08 at 08:21 PM.
    11-18-08 08:19 PM
    I would say it's like a windows user going to a Mac... But not the other way around since Blackberry is not anything like windows... Then again nothing like a Mac either LOL.

With the help of Crackberry.com it's quite an intuitive process

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 08:30 PM
    How much of a learning curve... well its not terrible. not going to lie, there is a learning curve but once you get the hang of it its all good. I dunno what else to say, i love my blackberry and i love my iPod touch but its a tie as to which one i use more
    11-18-08 09:03 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-18-08 09:23 PM
    There is definitely a learning curve to a Blackberry phone, but once you use it (and get past the learning curve), it really is the most simple phone to use.

If you've hung out on these forums for any amount of time, you'll see LOTS of iPhone deserters that ADORE their Blackberrys.

Also, by watching the forums, you can come up to speed very quickly on your phone!

The Bold is an AWESOME phone. You'll love the trackball, features, form and function of this phone. Blackberrys are really feature rich, so becoming an expert will keep you learning for a long time!

Good luck in your decision!
    11-18-08 09:35 PM
    Learning curve with a BB but nothing you can't get worked out with a little love and care.
    11-18-08 10:43 PM
    Thanks for all the info on the learning curve. I should be able to handle it. I think I just need to read up on the UI and menu system.

It's such a toss up. I've been the biggest iPhone supporter since it was first announced. This past month and a half have made me lean toward blackberry bold. I was going to just sack up and buy a 3g iphone, but I had 40+ email days for the like 3 weeks straight....and coming from a Treo (which was pretty good with email) I know that thats the one area that the iPhone comes up short. The email is there, but it lacks the zip and would also sometimes just stop receiving emails until I restarted the phone. I think my mind is already set on the blackberry...I just need to sack up and buy it.
    11-19-08 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD