First of thankyou to everyone for makin me feel welcome and helpin launch me into the world of blackberry
    However..... i have had a very frustrating day with my BB.

1st i hardly used it today and the battery went completely dead in the space of 9 hours!!!!

When the battery got low it would no longer work as a phone as the battery was 'too low' for radio is this right ?

then i went completely dead and when i pluged in the charger (wen i got home) and turned it on, my wallpaper, ringtone, caller id photos and all todays messages/emails etc. had been deleted but y'day's ones were still there....huh ? anyone any ideas why this did this ?

Also my facebook seems to have stopped notifyin me, i had 4 wall posts today and not one of then alerted me on the blackberry.

Please help guys if im doing something wrong and bein a complete n00b plz tell me lol
    09-28-08 04:52 PM
    sounds to me like ur loosing memory have you done an upgrade to ur bb ?
    09-28-08 05:14 PM
    nope not yet, only got it friday i have 23,000,000 free it says :-/
    09-28-08 05:18 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...ht=memory+loss
    look into that link to a forum with the same problems
    there should be any other issues please post so that i can try and find you more answers
    and i hope this works out for you
    09-28-08 05:19 PM
    thats seems to be for the bold ?

i wanna love my BB but it wont let at the moment
    09-28-08 05:22 PM
    welcome to CB
    09-28-08 05:22 PM
    09-28-08 05:26 PM
    ok i got this from jeff witch to me is like a bb guru It could be that an app drained your memory down to zero and the phone shut down. Did you notice if you lost your call log, old appointments from the calendar, or any SMS messages? The memory manager sacrifices those to try to keep operational. If running out of memory is what happened to you, then it failed.

Check your Options / Status / File Free. If the number you see is less than 12 000 000 bytes, then you are low on memory. Forums Moderator Reed McLay created the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig to help you recover and manage your memory. It's well worth your time to do it.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-28-08 05:28 PM
    yeah i lost all todays sms's call log and set ringtone.

here are the details of my status. i have only installed face book app and got rid of blackberry messenger.

File fre 22554846
    File total 52953088

is this good or bad ?

only other thing i noticed today was wen i used the camera it couldn't load as it said something like i have 2 many apps running :-/

why did it delete everything inc. called id pics ?

and why did the battery drain in like 9 hrs,

just noticed that an hour ago my battery was 95% now it 75% thats i an hour! or doing nothing ? whats going on ?

EDIT: just noticed my call log is still there but only from last nite, it seems the phone was reset to last nite :-/ i.e all messages from today have gone and all calls from today have gone!
    Last edited by Cardiff25; 09-28-08 at 05:35 PM.
    09-28-08 05:33 PM
    ok this could be a long shot but anytime that your in an app or even doing anything on your bb always close it out its like a computer you ned to close out
    and there could be one thing about your emails being gone have you set your messages to be deleted after a certian time ?
    and is there anything that you could of done or downloaded that might have inturupted your bb
    and last but not least you might have a batt. that is going bad
    09-28-08 05:38 PM
    ok how do i tell if my battery has gone bad lol

i didnt download anything, my messages are set to forever, but only todays ones went after the phone died and i switched it back on.

just for ref: my version is:

8320 V4.2.2.161 (platfrom 2.5.0.24)

is this ok or does it need updating ?

EDIT: i need to go to bed, thx for help so far ill check forum in morning, here is hoping i can sort this out
    Last edited by Cardiff25; 09-28-08 at 05:47 PM.
    09-28-08 05:43 PM
    yea i would upgrade but be sure that you go to the 101 forums and follow all instauctions i did it and it went great and still going but who is to say that anything can happen so with that i would take any if not all precautions i can make sure that your comfy doing so
    im running v4.5.0.56 on my vzw 8330
    just go to BlackBerry and look for upgrade but i say agian becareful of what your doing make sure you have time to do this
    09-28-08 05:50 PM
    First of thankyou to everyone for makin me feel welcome and helpin launch me into the world of blackberry
    However..... i have had a very frustrating day with my BB.

1st i hardly used it today and the battery went completely dead in the space of 9 hours!!!!

When the battery got low it would no longer work as a phone as the battery was 'too low' for radio is this right ?

then i went completely dead and when i pluged in the charger (wen i got home) and turned it on, my wallpaper, ringtone, caller id photos and all todays messages/emails etc. had been deleted but y'day's ones were still there....huh ? anyone any ideas why this did this ?

Also my facebook seems to have stopped notifyin me, i had 4 wall posts today and not one of then alerted me on the blackberry.

Please help guys if im doing something wrong and bein a complete n00b plz tell me lol
    I think all of your issues are stemming from memory management problems!!

The battery dropping probably has something to do with your Berry usage time. Also, if you leave apps running in the background, it will eat up memory and battery

Close apps properly by hitting Menu > Close! you can check open apps from the App Switcher. (alt-back works as a shortcut)

Make sure your file free is not below 12,xxx,xxx bytes, Options > Status > File Free... and if it is, then check out the Memory Optimization Procedure in my signature!
    09-28-08 05:57 PM
    OK but my mem is always at 22,000,000 whihc is more than 12,000,000 and i have charged it last night and in an hour its dropped 25%

im starting to think my handset is faulty ? might send it back for replacement, what do ya think ?
    09-29-08 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD