Hello every one

I found this web site on one of my automotive forums and thought I would check it out. I have never owned a BlackBerry before but my Krazer had an automotive related accident (closed in the hood of my car) and it worked for a few months but now all I get when I open it up is a matrix style green & black screen.

Any way long story short they are just arriving here in Canada in the next week or so and have my name down at two stores for one so I am hoping to be able to grab one now as I am needing a phone asap. So if any of you have made the switch from something like the Krazer to the Storm (or a BlackBerry in general) let me know how you liked it (or disliked it)

Also I keep seeing these updates and I asked a guy in my class about them but he had no idea what they were for or about? Most recent one was just right now when I logged on to the site

And for thoughts of you south of the border from me, who have had this phone for a while now, how are you finding it? I wanted the I-phone and still do but TELUS gives me the best rate plans and to buy out my contract now would cost me $400 so I thought I would give the Storm a try. And because I told TELUS my phone was broken and I wanted to cancel my plan to get an i-phone and they said they would give me $200 credit if renewed my contract for another 3 years and got a new phone
    12-04-08 08:45 PM
    Want to welcome you to Crackberry!
    12-04-08 09:02 PM
    Thank you, may the addiction begin lol
    12-04-08 09:28 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 09:30 PM
    I just switched from the Krzr to the Storm on Tuesday. I am loving it so far! These two phones could not be more different! It has taken some getting used to (typing, making calls, etc.). I downloaded the manual (doesn't come with the phone with Verizon- it is 247 pages long!) and it has made a huge difference in understanding the phone.

My biggest advice once you get the phone is just to keep at it and don't get frustrated on not knowing what to do right away. It has taken me 2 days to realize that the BB key/menu key is my best friend! If I couldn't figure out what to do in an application or screen, I just clicked that button and all of the options are right there!

Overall, I am so glad that I switched phones. Talk about and UPGRADE! I will never get away from a Blackberry again. I wanted an iPhone too, but did not want to switch carriers. I have no regrets and no desire to have an iPhone anymore!
    12-05-08 08:44 AM
    congrats on your new storm and welcome to cb!
    12-05-08 08:46 AM
    12-05-08 08:16 PM
    I'll just welcome you as a fellow Crackberrien from Canada

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    12-06-08 02:07 AM
    Welcome aboard!
    12-06-08 02:11 AM
    Thank you everyone. I just have to wait now until they final let release them here in Canada... they are defiantly dragging their feet on releasing it though

I just switched from the Krzr to the Storm on Tuesday. I am loving it so far! These two phones could not be more different! It has taken some getting used to (typing, making calls, etc.). I downloaded the manual (doesn't come with the phone with Verizon- it is 247 pages long!) and it has made a huge difference in understanding the phone.

My biggest advice once you get the phone is just to keep at it and don't get frustrated on not knowing what to do right away. It has taken me 2 days to realize that the BB key/menu key is my best friend! If I couldn't figure out what to do in an application or screen, I just clicked that button and all of the options are right there!

Overall, I am so glad that I switched phones. Talk about and UPGRADE! I will never get away from a Blackberry again. I wanted an iPhone too, but did not want to switch carriers. I have no regrets and no desire to have an iPhone anymore!

Well that is good to hear. Some of the reviews I am seeing were making me iffy on getting one.
    Last edited by Freebs; 12-09-08 at 03:46 PM.
    12-09-08 03:40 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    12-09-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD