Addicts! I have found that from time to time my keyboard (understandably) gets a bit slick/greasy/dirty/etc. From even clean fingers using it. I've been using a damp paper towel to occasionally clean off my keyboard. I was just wondering if this is what most people do, or if there is a better solution?

ZH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 10:52 PM
    I use micro fiber clothes to clean my whole berry.... and it works veryyyyyy well!
    07-06-08 10:53 PM
    I use an anti static wipe.

07-06-08 10:59 PM
    lol My berry has turned into my baby...lol I carry around microfiber clothes and anti static wipes ...just in case lol
    07-06-08 11:01 PM
    I'm with RealEstatePro, I use a microfiber cloth to clean my Curve. It cleans all the smudges from the entire phone without any type of sprays or cleaners.
    07-06-08 11:21 PM
    Microfiber cloth with a blast or two of canned air for those hard to reach places.
    07-07-08 12:07 AM
    Good paper towel (I like viva) with a light spray of lysol works wonders just spray lightly on the towel and then gently rub the berry and she comes out good as new.

07-07-08 12:36 AM
    I have a little spritzer bottle filled with a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. I spritz a little bit onto a microfiber cloth and rub her down from top to bottom, special attention to the keyboard, trackball and between the keys.
    07-07-08 02:10 AM
    i just throw it in the washer...

i mean...i use a microfiber towel as well
    07-07-08 02:28 AM
    i just throw it in the washer...
    LOL!!

Microfiber cloth and/or antistatic wipes work well. 50/50 water rubbing alchol on a microfiber cloth would more or less be the same as using the antistatic wipes. So I guess whatever suits your fancy. Anyone have any tips for dust buildup along the edges and nooks and crannies of a leather case?

07-07-08 02:56 AM
    I just clean my entire berry with the cloths used for sunglasses......it works well and is adept at moving any finger prints......
    07-08-08 05:09 PM
    I won't lie... I rub it on the front of my shirt when I am at work
    07-08-08 05:24 PM
    when it got really bad.... i mean BAD!
    i took it apart and washed the whole housing in the dishwasher...

i don't recommend it, but it was really clean after...
    07-08-08 05:28 PM
    when it got really bad.... i mean BAD!
    i took it apart and washed the whole housing in the dishwasher...

i don't recommend it, but it was really clean after...
    Wow, that is ballsy.......I would NOT make that a habit either
    07-08-08 05:38 PM
    Wow, that is ballsy.......I would NOT make that a habit either
    trust me, it won't happen again..

it was a hott mess
    07-08-08 05:40 PM
    I use a micro fiber cloth that I purchased at office depot. It works great

07-08-08 05:49 PM
    My God washing it in the dish washer. Your a brave guy. I would never be able to do that to my berry. To be completely honest I tend to wipe it on my shirt and jeans. Occasionally I spritz some lysol on it and clean it that way also. AND I use can air.
    07-08-08 06:00 PM
    I have a little spritzer bottle filled with a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water.
    That's what I use as a stone lubricant when I sharpen my skis!

...Oh Microfiber towel for now. But when it gets older I'm sure I'll look to disinfect it somehow.
    Last edited by boxofrain; 07-08-08 at 06:15 PM.
    07-08-08 06:13 PM
    I tried cleaning my keyboard with alcohol wipes and i think it got clean a little better but not better enough, i mean i want this thing REAL clean, clean like i just got it from the store. Windex okay?
    03-17-10 04:20 AM
    negative on the windex. I used to use that till I learned that the ammonia in windex might do bad things to the plastic, esp the screen.

seems like baby wipes or microfiber cloths are the best choices... and really the only solution for all the nooks and crannies is complete dis assembly. Other then that, just patience while you clean it.
    03-17-10 07:06 AM
    I know I shouldn't, but I wipe mine with Clorox wipes. I have this thing about germs and bleach. Even though NO ONE but me ever touches it, I worry about germs I pick up at school (I'm a teacher) and just around town. It's a multi-step process. First, I take it out of the case. Then, I use the bleach wipes to clean the inside and outside of the case and let that air dry. I then wipe the whole phone, front and back, with the bleach wipes. Then I use a soft cotton cloth to dry it all. I then CAREFULLY, without touching the back part that's going to be covered by the case, put it back in its case. I am sure that CSI wouldn't find any fingerprints inside my case.

Wow ... I just realized how completely OCD this makes me sound.

Oh, well. My phone's clean.
    03-17-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD