Hey, gang

Brand new here. I tried searching for the answer to these questions, but couldn't find them.

1) If I set the "keep messages" option for 30 days (for example), I assume those message will be deleted from the device after 30 days. But...will they also be deleted from my online email account? I would like to keep all messages permanently in my online account, but have them cleared periodically from the handheld.

2) On a similar note, my blackberry just decided one day to delete all messages from the handheld. I woke up and found an empty device! My online email account didn't seem to be affected in that instance, but it scared the heck out of me. Therefore, after that, I've been afraid to keep "wireless reconcile" turned on. I can't afford to wake up one day and find my online email account has been emptied.

Any insights guys?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by krammar; 10-07-08 at 01:26 PM.
    10-07-08 01:16 PM
    I think you answered your first question with your second on. The reason you lost those messages is because the device ran out of memory. You need to do a better job of managing how much File Free your BB has. Check the link below.

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    10-07-08 01:28 PM
    1. It will only delete them from your berry

2. You are low on memory. It will dump all messages and call logs to clear space. Try this out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 01:30 PM
    Thanks for the quick response, guys. I will look at the link you provided. As I mentioned, I was afraid the messages might be deleted from my online email account, which would be disastrous. Apparently, that's not the way it works. I'll keep "wireless reconcile" turned on, and I will set the blackberry to keep messages for a month or 2 (rather than "forever"). I really appreciate your feedback.
    10-07-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD