Last night I checked my KB usage for my Blackberry and it was about 27KB. This morning I checked again and it was 38KB! And my device was turned off the whole night! I don't even have an email account set-up. I wasn't web browsing either. Does anyone know why this might have happened?
    07-07-07 11:04 AM
    As soon as you turn on the BlackBerry, it goes to the internet 'just to check itself, and connect' to it's data service, i.e. the service provider. Eleven KB is hardly 'skyrocketting'...

Don't you have an unlimited package, anyway?
    07-07-07 11:22 AM
    I read on another forum that some business users were only using 20KB in a month. :-/ I'm not even a businesswoman. No, I don't have the Unlimited Package because I didn't plan on using email or the internet. I never signed up for a BIS account with Blackberry either. I've been trying to completely disable data somehow, but I don't know if that's possible with Verizon.
    07-07-07 11:52 AM
    Maybe I just don't get it, what's the point of having a BlackBerry? A BlackBerry without data, is like a car, with no tires - you can't go anywhere. But, I suppose in your case, that's what you want...

Have you asked Verizon to disable the data for you?

Ps: online where you saw 20kb a month, are you sure it wasn't 20MB?
    07-07-07 12:00 PM
    I'm 16, a high school student, and I txt message like crazy. :] The thing I like most about the Blackberry is that it's so organized and the screen is big, plus I couldn't ask for a better keyboard. I used to own a Nokia. The screen was tiny and the keys were so close together. It was so uncomfortable to use.

I haven't called them yet. My dad will have to speak to them.

Yeah it must've been 20MB. 20KB wouldn't make sense.
    07-07-07 12:57 PM