Hello. My name is clipse and I believe i may be an up and coming addict. I currently don't have a blackberry. Infact I've never had a smartphone of any kind. For the past 6 years my wife and I worked a block from each other and less than a mile from home. I never used a cell phone and canceled my account with VZW in favor of a pay as you go phone from AT&T. I was recently layed off and have since found a job in a city that is 20 minutes away. I find myself using my phone more and more. That go me thinking that I would like to get a new plan and phone. Along with that I'm getting my wife her first phone as well. I settled on the BB 8310 from AT&T for me along with the unlimited personal BB service, and family unlimited text messages. I did lots of research on which phone would be right for me. I am currently working for the department of transportation(working on roads when weather permits). That means lots of breaks, time waiting for other people, ect. Perfect situation for a blackberry. Also, I will be doing snow removal so, having my whole mp3 collection with me at all times will be nice. Since deciding on the blackberry curve 8310, I have viewed ALL youtube video's pertaining the the curve(some have been viewed multiple times) and read as many reviews as I could find (including every review for each curve on amazon.com) I'm waiting for my first paycheck which should come in the middle of February. Then I'll be able to afford the Curve and my wifes LG.

Also, I have spent more time than I care to admit on this forum (lurking until now) and on bbforums.com.

So, I believe I may be a pre-addict......or maybe I'm just addicted to something that I don't even have. Who knows. Either way, this is a great place and I think I have found a new home.

clipse
    02-05-08 06:23 PM
    Ha, see I just can't leave it alone.

I thought I would add. Since I work in a fairly harsh environment, I have decided that I would also purchase an Otterbox case but since have reservations about the little clip part of it, I have also decided to go with the Maxpedition Barnacle pouch to carry in it along with a few accessories. I'll also need a 4 gig microSD card......and I'm sure other things as well but I'll wait till I get the thing first.

edited to add: Since I don't have at least 10 posts, you'll have to google the above products.....sorry.
    02-05-08 06:30 PM
    Welcome Clipse.

Gotta congratulate you on the excellent research you did, bet you are now counting the days till you get your BB in your hands!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 06:34 PM
    Clipse, those breaks will NOT be enough for a CrackBerry addiction!

Welcome to the Black n Crack! And by the way, are you getting your wife a Berry?

ADLEN

02-05-08 06:39 PM
    Welcome Clipse.

Gotta congratulate you on the excellent research you did.

02-05-08 06:40 PM
    bet you are now counting the days till you get your BB in your hands!

yes, yes I am.
    02-05-08 06:41 PM
    You certainly have a lot to look forward to soon.
    Then it would be welcome to the world of BB

02-05-08 06:46 PM
    Thanks guys. My wife is a getting an LG. She really likes the flip phones. I tried to talk her into the Pearl but she just wants a phone that is a phone and takes pictures.
    02-05-08 07:00 PM
    Well whatever's right for her! You don't want the journey of marriage to be a series of PIN messages.

02-05-08 07:24 PM
    Welcome Clipse.

Great research! Bet you are counting down the days until you get your BB!

02-05-08 07:24 PM
    Oh gosh, sorry for the multiple posts. I was snuggled up in bed using my BB and my posts were not showing on the wap so I thought they hadn't 'taken'. Then it twigged that maybe they did so I dragged myself outta bed to check to find that they had taken.... several times.... so sorry.
    02-05-08 07:34 PM
    You will really be an addict once you get the phone...
    02-06-08 09:39 PM
    welcome and great choice.....playing the waiting game sucks!!
    02-06-08 09:41 PM
    Quit your job get a bb I got mine quit my job then started an ebay business and now all I do is play on my bb and I love it!

02-07-08 02:03 AM
    i can appreciate all the research you did, i'm the same way. glad you found the forums and enjoy your new berry!
    02-07-08 08:10 AM
    I stopped by the AT&T store today to check out the curve. I had only been there to play with the pearl before. I am more impressed with the curve after playing with it. Now I really can't wait till payday comes.
    02-07-08 05:51 PM
    Welcome neighbor, the friends on this site have never let me down in regards to insight. You have made a wise decision. Enjoy.
    02-07-08 10:35 PM
    welcome to CB :]
    02-10-08 10:06 PM
    Welcome Aboard!!!!
    03-04-08 04:48 PM
    Welcome aboard...
    03-05-08 10:13 AM
    Yo yo a happy crackin hello to the new addict/
    03-05-08 10:25 AM
    hey clipse
    03-16-08 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD