Hello,
    Got is less than a week ago and loving every moment of it. I was able to find answers to a lot of questions I had, but unfortunately barely have time to research as I am jammed at work and home, and was hoping you guys can answer or direct me to an answer:

- It seems as I get the hourglass quite often. I got to the conclusion it is possible due to full device memory (installed allot of programs), and/or too many apps running at the same time. I uninstall ed some and make sure to literally CLOSE apps, not just switching. This seems to improve the situation, but sometimes I still get it. Any thoughts? Is running Viigo in the background can contribute? When Viigo DL max of 500 messages, how does that impact the system?

- Besides of creating a new profile, is there a shortcut to just lower the ringing volume on the fly?

- It seems as my wife cannot get her MSN account received on the BB. From researching this I found that this happens to some, and there is no solution to this. Also, I found here a resolution for gmail that it copies you with an outgoing e-mail, but this didn't work for me, assuming I missed something on the way. Anyone experience this and realized the missing step by any chance?

- Is there a way to add the 'show time as' in calendar with more options and colors?

- I just found that youtube can work on later OS, 4.5, or something like that. When it is available, I assume it is possible to upgrade? Any risk in upgrading on your own, and how do you upgrade?

That's it for now. I must say this device ROCKS!!! I never imagined I can be better handling a device like my palm w/o a touch screen. I do stuff faster on the BB.
    Thanks,
    Doron
    Last edited by karuzo; 05-30-08 at 02:25 PM.
    05-30-08 01:01 PM
    As for the MSN issue, you cannot interface with a microsoft email.

For the ringer set the convenience key to the profiles menu, and than go to advanced, you can then change the ringers on the fly.
    05-30-08 01:11 PM
    As for the MSN issue, you cannot interface with a microsoft email.
    Interesting. Isn't hotmail microsoft's? I can retrieve hotmail on the BB.

For the ringer set the convenience key to the profiles menu, and than go to advanced, you can then change the ringers on the fly.
    Thanks - I was wondering on something like just lowering the volume with the volume controls, or somthing like that. Faster than entering a menu.

Thanks,
    Doron
    05-30-08 04:53 PM
    Clear viigo out regularly. I do not have mine set to automatically update. I just update manually when required.
    05-30-08 05:03 PM
    Keep your memory around or above 12mb.

To check your file free space go to options > status.
    05-30-08 05:05 PM

Thanks - I got around 9mb. I'll remove some apps. I wish you could install apps on the removable card, like with Palm.
    05-30-08 05:15 PM
    Clear viigo out regularly. I do not have mine set to automatically update. I just update manually when required.
    Thanks - makes sense.
    05-30-08 05:16 PM
    05-30-08 05:18 PM
    Congrats on your toy.
    05-30-08 07:30 PM

I did that and it says file free 39605860 bytes Is that what I need to look at?
    05-30-08 08:13 PM
    That's 39mb free which is great! (39.605.860)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 08:20 PM
    Luckily you have the Verizon curves. It would be under 10mb for the 8310/8320.
    05-31-08 12:20 AM
    I did that and it says file free 39605860 bytes Is that what I need to look at?
    Goo lord, do you have any apps installed at all? Or do you even have an OS installed? LOL The most I have ever had on my AT&T curve after loading the OS back on to it after it bricked was 28mb. You are lucky to have that much memory, I am jealous!!
    05-31-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD