1) There is no way to have a ring and vibrate profile option on the blackberry is there?

2) On my blackberry main desktop, I have 4 options of "Do More" "Setup Wizard" "Push to Talk" etc...

Is there a way for me to edit my "favorite" icons and switch these out to something else? (Like have address book, facebook app. as the main 4-5 blackberry options, instead of having to go to more applications)

3) This one is REALLY bugging me: With my old phone (not a smartphone) I could have it where if someone was to text me while I was asleep, the phone would continue to beep so I wouldn't miss any important texts or sleep through them (with the phone being set to "loud" mode of course).

With the blackberry, it'll do the sms text ring tone, but then it reverts to simple LED flashing, which doesn't help get my attention.

Is there a way around this, or to have the phone continue beeping every 30 seconds after initially receiving the text?

I have only had my blackberry for 48 hours, but am already excited about it!

Any help would be appreciated!
    07-31-08 08:55 PM
    1. Yes there is (at least on my 8330) - in the profile go to advanced and then edit your "Normal" profile to include both a ring of your choosing & vibrate for whatever function you want. That's how I have mine set.
    2. Yes. Highlight an icon you want to move up and hit the key to the left of your trackball to bring up the menu. Select "Move" and position it in the first row.
    3. I don't know if this is possible. It appears that the only "Repeat Notifications" options are "None" and "LED Flashing"

Hope that helps & welcome to Crackberry!!!
    07-31-08 09:14 PM
    Thank you so much!
    07-31-08 09:17 PM
    No, your phone will not vibe and ring simultaneously. It can only vibe, then ring. And no, sorry, you cannot set a reminder alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 09:21 PM
    Welcome to CB
    07-31-08 09:21 PM
    welcome to CB!
    08-01-08 05:16 AM
    Congrats on your new device!
    08-01-08 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD