Whats going on people, i just joined the BB family and purchased my BB Curve 8330. Im making the switch from the Treo. I loved the Treo but i had to get rid of it. Now im trying to figure some things out. How do i load music files on to my BB, and how do i add other applications and all that good stuff. I downloaded the cd into my lap top to use but i cant seem to figure it out. How do i take things from my comp and import them into my BB? Any help would be appreciated.
    09-10-08 09:07 AM
    If you have a media card for your BB then you should be good to go . Go to Options>media card and ensure media card support is set to on and mass storage support is on. Hook your BB up to your PC and it should show up as a removable storage device. You can then just drop files onto the BB

If you want to add applications there are loads here on CB, many of which you can download via OTA. Otherwise install Desktop Manager and add applications that way

This may help with the applications

Lecture 9: How To Install and Manage Third Party Software Applications On Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-10-08 at 12:16 PM.
    09-10-08 09:13 AM
    use desktop manager to load media, or use the media card in mass storage mode to just drag and drop files as if it was any disk.
    09-10-08 09:30 AM
    i looked at the desktop manager site which one should i download there seems to be alot of options.
    09-10-08 11:28 AM
    the drop down menu doesnt have the 8330, it has the 8320...which one should i pick?
    09-10-08 11:31 AM
    Dont confused with Device software and the download for Desktop Mangager. Use this link for DM.

4.6 is the most up to date version for DM

Desktop Manager
    09-10-08 12:13 PM
    ok im downloading it now...how exactly do i use it now. I hook up the chord to the BB and my comp and just drag? Because when i originally plugged it in it didnt see how to drag anything
    09-10-08 12:52 PM
    ok so i downloaded the desktop manger...but now im confused how to use it. It says i need a microsm card to put songs n stuff on there but what about pictures and all that good stuff how do i get them on my BB? Also this is a verizon BB so its a little different from what i have heard from all the other BB 8330
    09-10-08 09:44 PM
    First things first , you need to get a sd card. This is where you will store all your media, it will save you eating into the precious Device memory of your BB. The cards are quite cheap, a quick google search will give you an idea.

Once you have got your card follow the instructions in post 2.

I only use Desktop Manager pretty much for backing up my BB or installing certain applications.

When I wish to transfer media or other files to my BB I use the method described in my first post. You CAN transfer media via Desktop Manager but you would have needed to instal the version that has Media Manager included.

Try both , see what you prefer.

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD