Hi all,

I have just converted from an old Motorola cell phone to a bb curve and have a question re time zones. I travel a fair amt for business and I never had a problem with the time automatically converting on the phone when I changed time zones. Yesterday when I went to Salt Lake my time on the BB did not change automatically. I checked my options under date/time and made sure that the source = network (AT&T). My time zone is set to Pacific which is where I live. The network time showed the right one but the time display on the home page showed the wrong one.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    03-27-08 01:17 AM
    Sorry all, I should have searched this forum before posting. I see that this is a "feature" that RIM cannot do. I am so disappointed in RIM. I had an old BB a couple of years ago and did not have this problem. Any old cell phone can do this!

In the meantime, is there any kind of 3rd party software out there that can do it so I don't have to keep doing this manually?

Thanks again.
    03-27-08 01:28 AM
    Welcome aboard.... You can read here.
    03-27-08 02:12 AM
    The iformation at your link states that "there is no option to do this" (automatically update the time when changing time zones), however not only is this a stanard feature in GSM and WCDMA cell (mobile) phones, but the option-that-apparently-doesn't-exist is clearly found under Menu-->Options-->Date/Time-->Date/Time Source!

Sadly, no one seems to be able to actually answer the question of why this doesn't work - everytime someone asks about this, all they get told "there is no option to do this"!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 06:02 AM
    That's what I don't get. The "ability" to do this seems to be there and when you select Network, the time changes correctly on the network part (lower part of this options page on BB). But the display on the home page does not. Arrrgh. It's like someone missed writing that line of code or something.

Oh well - when I travel I have a little routine that as soon as I take off I change my watch so now I'll be changing my watch and my BB.
    03-27-08 09:05 PM
    Welcome to CB dsuslow!
    03-27-08 09:57 PM
    welcome! :]
    03-27-08 10:29 PM
    welcome noob
    03-27-08 11:12 PM
    Hello and welcome to cb.
    You're going to love the curve.
    04-02-08 08:59 AM
    welcome to cb
    04-03-08 01:42 AM
    welcome and enjoy...
    04-03-08 04:42 AM
    Welcome to the real world. Life is empty without a blackberry.
    04-03-08 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD