I've wanted a BlackBerry ever since I first saw the Curve in a TELUS ad when they first got it... I had very little exposure to them before then, and had only ever seen them on TV, and only in boring business-focused commercials, or on TechTV, where again, the main focus was their business use.

But after I saw that ad, I wanted a Curve so badly... and finally I'll be getting one within a week or so. Y'see, my family and I just renewed our contract with TELUS Mobility, and I was finally able to order a BlackBerry Curve 8330, but TELUS is out of stock of them, apparently.

They suggested that I try to get one locally, and they'll just waive the reactivation/switching handset fee, but all of the local stores are out of 'em as well. Turns out the Curve is more popular than I thought, even though I live in a smaller town.

Anyway, I'm supposed to call them back on Monday, and see if they can find one, and if not, I might get a chance to go to the nearest city next week, and if that's the case, I guess I'll make a trip to a TELUS dealership, and find one.

I've been reading the CrackBerry forums for months (without having a BlackBerry of my own) and it has been unbearably painful, but finally... finally I'll have my Curve, and all will be well with the world.

...whenever TELUS gets more in stock.

P.S. -- I'll be opting for a pink one if I can find it, but if all they have is a silver one... I'll have to live with just getting a pink silicone case.
    09-04-08 08:34 PM
    You'll love it! And on the small town thing I feel ya my town has 8000 population if u count the chickens and goats......

Good luck and welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 08:38 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    Hopefully you'll have your Curve soon!!
    09-04-08 08:39 PM
    Welcome to CB and the world of BB. Glad to hear you are finally getting a Curve. You'll love it!
    09-04-08 08:40 PM
    Welcome. I have a Curve. Its a great device. Hate to call it a phone because it is SO much more
    09-04-08 08:40 PM
    Hey hey hey! Welcome and enjoy!

09-04-08 08:47 PM
    Hello and welcome!
    09-04-08 08:48 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    09-04-08 09:53 PM
    Welcome to CB and goodluck with finding a curve!

and you mentioned that it was a little tedious with all the reading.
    Once the device is in your hands and you can understand what is going on, its so much more enjoyable!

GOOD LUCK!
    09-04-08 10:34 PM
    welcome to cb
    09-04-08 10:42 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    09-05-08 01:30 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    09-05-08 07:58 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    09-05-08 08:08 AM
    Wow, I've posted introductory threads on forums in the past, but never have I had such a response from so many people!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I look forward to being addicted to my BlackBerry Curve within the week.
    09-05-08 01:57 PM
    Good luck finding your Berry... and Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    09-05-08 02:01 PM
    Welcome to CB. Trust me your Curve will be well worth the wait.

It may only take you a day to become addicted. Perhaps only an hour or so.
    09-05-08 02:04 PM
    Well, I'm still waiting on my Curve's arrival. I was really hoping it'd get here by today, since I've got 3 days off, but now that it's the weekend, I won't be seeing it 'til at least Monday, and once I get it, I won't even have time to sit down and figure everything out. =\
    09-12-08 10:56 PM
    Welcome to CB ur gonna love your Curve I hope u get one soon.....

09-12-08 11:01 PM
    welcome to cb! glad you're loving the curve.
    09-14-08 10:46 AM
    My Curve is finally here! Just have to activate it, which I'm doing now.
    09-19-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD