Hey guys!
    I am doing a school project, more of a survey, on loyalty to the underdogs. I do feel like with a world of iPhone and Android a it must be hard not to be tempted to switch away from BlackBerry.
    Now my simple question is how many of you BlackBerry members are part of the community due to just loyalty? How many of you guys really just enjoy the phone and services?
    Thank you ahead of time for your responses!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 09:43 AM
    You might think about rephrasing the question a bit? I'm not sure many will say "I don't really enjoy the phone, but I just bought it because I'm loyal to the brand and it was a great Canadian company."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-10-14 09:55 AM
    That is sort of what I am trying to figure out. If people got the phone because of blackberry and not for the phone itself...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 09:59 AM
    The phone.

The way I see it..

iPhone = fashon
    Android = fancy useless features
    BlackBerry = get **** done

I don't have time to faf with my phone, I need it to do what I want effectively. Thats BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 10:02 AM
    I got the Z10 and the Z30 because the phones are great. Only knock I have is the Z10 battery but that is fixed with a charging bundle.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 10:03 AM
    I've got a Note 3, IPhone 5c, Lumia 925 and Z10.

I'm using my Z10 because I genuinely like it. The screen is beautiful. The keyboard is easy to use. The hub is super convenient. I get my emails promptly. Oh and the phone is built very sturdy. It's taken a beating and doesn't show a hint of it.

Mine isn't loyalty. It's a choice.

Sent from the Berry via Tapatalk.
    bungaboy and david9962000 like this.
    05-10-14 10:05 AM
    I think a few might have initially gotten the phone (or at least bothered to try it) because it was a BlackBerry, but you'll find most keep it because they find it works quite well for their needs. Honestly there is very little that is truly lacking from the BB10 devices that would "make it hard not to be tempted" to switch. There hasn't been a single second since I got my initial Z10 that I wished I could switch. On the contrary there hasn't been a single second that I didn't wished everyone would switch to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 05-10-14 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
    05-10-14 10:05 AM
    I got mine cause I like it and am not a big app person, battery life was a big clincher for Z30. In fact if BBRY hadn't made the Z30 I would probably be using WP right now.
    05-10-14 10:52 AM
    First of all welcome to CrackBerry!

I have BlackBerry because it was the first smartphone I had way back when, and I stick with it because I really do like BB10 OS. Do I wish there were more features? Yes, namely customization. Let's see what 10.3xxx brings...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-10-14 11:01 AM
    I have been a long time BlackBerry user but I've had multiple android phones and have used an iPhone 5, some a Windows Phone a few years ago too.

For me I like BlackBerry 10 the most because of the experience. It's designed in a way that makes sense and allows me to be very productive. When I used android I would tolerate the phone but I never really enjoyed using it. With my multiple BB10 phones and especially my Z30, it's always an enjoyable experience.

One other thing I really like about using BB10 is that I can help shape it's future. BlackBerry actively listens and there are things I've suggested that have made it into the OS. So in a way I'm much more connected with BlackBerry 10 than I ever would be with any other mobile OS.

Beyond the OS, I love the size, build quality, audio quality and speed of my Z30 which is why I have no desire to use any other phone right now.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-10-14 11:15 AM
    I've got a Note 3, IPhone 5c, Lumia 925 and Z10.

I'm using my Z10 because I genuinely like it. The screen is beautiful. The keyboard is easy to use. The hub is super convenient. I get my emails promptly. Oh and the phone is built very sturdy. It's taken a beating and doesn't show a hint of it.

Mine isn't loyalty. It's a choice.

Sent from the Berry via Tapatalk.
    Geez. Doesn't it get annoying that you have to keep calling up customer support to tell them to change and update the IMEI number when you want to change phones? That's what ATT told me when I wanted to know how to swap out SIM cards with a non BlackBerry phones to a BB phone. Your bill must be gigantic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-10-14 11:35 AM
    Your imei updates automatically in att systems when the device makes its connection to the network.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    05-10-14 11:42 AM
    Because . . .

Just because it's BlackBerry-600px-fiddlin_bill_henseley-_mountain_fiddler-_asheville-_north_carolina_by_ben_shahn-_1937_-loc.jpg
    kbz1960 and middbrew like this.
    05-10-14 11:47 AM
    Both Actually . I just love the phones and the brand
    05-10-14 12:21 PM
    The phone.

The way I see it..

iPhone = fashon
    Android = fancy useless features
    BlackBerry = get **** done

I don't have time to faf with my phone, I need it to do what I want effectively. Thats BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Ignorance sure is bliss...
    05-10-14 12:33 PM
    Love the phone and love the company. Had a BB Curve 9310 and then went to Samsung (what was I thinking??). Missed my BB very much so got the Q10 and absolutely love it, along with BB10.2 OS. Can't wait for 10.3 to come out. Phone and Brand, go hand in hand.
    05-10-14 02:00 PM
    Geez. Doesn't it get annoying that you have to keep calling up customer support to tell them to change and update the IMEI number when you want to change phones? That's what ATT told me when I wanted to know how to swap out SIM cards with a non BlackBerry phones to a BB phone. Your bill must be gigantic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    On my Boost Mobile account I've got my 5c. That one stays there. The 925, Z10, and Note 3 get my T-Mobile SIM. It's easy enough to just pull it out and swap. It never skips a beat. I think it's because there is no BES, it doesn't require a different plan or IMEI change.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    05-10-14 03:18 PM
    I'm going to go with combination of both. I feel loyal to BlackBerry BUT I also love the elegance of the BB10 OS and the size and specs of the Z30 device.
    Septembersrain likes this.
    05-10-14 07:53 PM
    For me I like the phone.
    05-12-14 11:27 AM
    Welcome to CB. I had 2 iphones, switched to a Bold 9900 in 2011 because of the keyboard, style and quality. It immediately saved me hours answering emails, text messages and maintaining my forum because of OS6 was efficient. I maintain multiple email, Twitter and FaceBook accounts.

I regret not joining this forum long ago, but my phone was working so good I had nothing to look for. A month ago I messed up the main board connection when I was changing out the keyboard. At the time I started browsing on CB. This is the best forum I have ever been on because of the users and people running this site. No where else will you find information and support about a product. Like every blog/forum the cream rises to the top. That is why the CB community is so big you have to be in the top 20% to keep up. They might not say it but they all know it.

Check out the information and support on an older BB phone. Then do it for ANY old product.

Check on Ebay for replacement parts. Almost every part is still available.

Check "You Tube" and do a "How to Search" for BB

Check for new OS for another phone. Or a Hybrid OS.

This is the best phone manufacturer with a very loyal and educated community. BB may not have sold millions of phones last quarter, but they're on their way back. There were some mistakes in the last 2 years that open the door, but the new CEO is here now.

You will get negative feedback from the people not using a BB or had not taken the time to solve their problem by coming to CB. With the new OS10.3 most of the hang ups are fixed.

Most consumers are like cattle. BB users are not "wanta be".

What phone do I have? Bought a replacement BB9900 and ordered a Z10 and PlayBook. I am waiting for the Q20 to come out. ......almost forgot bought a "water proof" Samsung for my wife that I wish I could flush down the toilet. When her contract expires I will up grade her to BB. .....and yes I had to use her phone for 2 weeks while my phone was down.
    05-12-14 02:18 PM
    Did I forget about side loading Android apps?

I have 6 grandkids and that is what they are interested in.

I hope the Z3 comes out before Christmas so I give the new gen a taste.
    05-12-14 02:24 PM