Awesome site, joined as soon as I found CB. I have not yet purchased my first Berry, and I have all of these questions. At first I was going to go BOLD, but now I am not as sure. Storm looks good and may suite me. Q1, Do I need to be a BES client to utilize WiFi? Q2, How does the Bold BB browser differ from the Storm HTML browser. Q3, If I am browsing the internet am I better off with Verizon, or AT&T. Q4, Will the Storm 9500 be available in the US. (it appears to have the same network connectivity as the Bold). I really don't trust Verizon of AT&T sales people to answer my questions. All feedback is appreciated, thx.
    10-06-08 01:54 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I can speak to any of the Storm related questions, wait and see is the only honest answer.

Do I need to be a BES client to utilize WiFi? ...
    First, there are two BlackBerry services available. BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) is for consumers while BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) is for corporations. If your employer provides your device, it will likely be BES.

Wifi is supported on some models to enable Unlimited Mobile Access (UMA). If the carrier supports UMA, it provides a separate and much faster voice and data path. If the carrier does not support UMA, it can still be used for faster Browsing, but only the Browser can use it.
    10-06-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD