This device has really crushed my ego - I can't access a server, I don't know if I want a BIS or BES - How do I set up my rings for texts,calls, etc. -

My provider told me that i have to go to one of there stores to get my contacts uploaded to the curve?
    When i get e-mails, they go to 2 different icons?

The written manual says the same thing as the software guides - I don't need 2 pages explaining how to charge the phone for the first time -

Please HELP !
    10-07-08 09:16 PM
    consult the blackberry 101 lecture series here on crackberry . just click the "newbies" link at the top and then select blackberry 101 lecture slide. guranteed if you read through some of those, youll find answers to most of the questions you have
    10-07-08 09:22 PM
    1. You more than likely want to add the $30 plan which is BIS. See this link for more info: Lecture 2: BES and BIS: What's the Difference? | CrackBerry.com

2. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

3. Where are the contacts currently that you want on your Curve?

4. Yes, if you have separate SMS and Email inboxes, you will see messages in both your SMS or email inbox, as well as the messages inbox.
    10-07-08 09:24 PM
    Pay attention to any advice sunkast has to offer - he's one of the best.

And don't feel bad, I'm sure we were all very frustrated when we firsy got our blackberries. Welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 09:28 PM
    Hang in there while there is a learning curve this forum has a lot of good info.

10-07-08 09:46 PM
    Don't be too frustrated, the BB isn't a "learn in 2 hours" device. Give it a few days and read through this site like others have suggested and you'll be well on your way.

10-07-08 09:56 PM
    Your at the right place to read thru questions others have and to ask questions that you have. Give it a couple of days.
    10-07-08 10:10 PM
    I've had my BB for 2 days and still haven't figured everything out. Anyways, gl with your new bb. Hope you figure it out. May the force be with you.

10-07-08 11:04 PM
    Welcome! Don't give up, follow the above advice & don't feel as if you need to know everything right now. When you get real frustrated, take you & your BB out for a walk. Fresh air is always good for your BB & oh, for you too.

10-07-08 11:15 PM
    Don't give up on your BB. It's more than just a phone it's a key to the world the best device on the market for PDA phones. You will find all the help you could ever want right here so sit back and enjoy the ride
    10-08-08 01:57 AM
    This device has really crushed my ego - I can't access a server, I don't know if I want a BIS or BES - How do I set up my rings for texts,calls, etc. -

My provider told me that i have to go to one of there stores to get my contacts uploaded to the curve?
    When i get e-mails, they go to 2 different icons?

The written manual says the same thing as the software guides - I don't need 2 pages explaining how to charge the phone for the first time -

Please HELP !

Step way from the ledge!!!

Like many have said so far take a deep breathe and be patient you will get the hang of it.
    10-08-08 11:06 AM
    Don't despair! It took me awhile to get myself to the point where I was comfortable with my Curve.
    Sunkast offers some good links (as you'll find all OVER this site), and visit the "newbies" tab up top for a wealth of beginner info.

Good luck & welcome to CrackBerry!
    10-08-08 12:35 PM
    The Blackberry 101 lessons are fantastic... I added a link to my signature below... they will explain a LOT!!!
    10-08-08 12:40 PM
    As everyone has said hang in there! I've had my BB about 2 weeks and I still don't know everything about it!
    Once you do learn all you need to know u will be glad u kept the phone!

10-08-08 12:45 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You have joined about 20 Million current subscribers to BlackBerry service, Professional people, Lawmakers, First Responders and Consumers that have gotten through the teething pains.

Getting your communications set up and working correctly if the first priority, our first responders have you covered there.

Once it is working smoothly, we can look forward you being a happy and productive BlackBerry fan.
    10-08-08 12:50 PM
    As everyone has said hang in there! I've had my BB about 2 weeks and I still don't know everything about it!
    Once you do learn all you need to know u will be glad u kept the phone!
    You might be able "to learn all you need to know", but you will never be able to learn everything about the Blackberry - even just one model or OS.
    10-08-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD