Hi Everybody,
    I've been lurking at CB since I decided to order the BB 8130 Pearl from Verizon. I'm so excited! I've never had a smartphone before. I have been an avid Palm PDA user for many years. Can you tell me if I can transfer my Palm TX calendar, memos, and address book to my little Pearl? If the answer is yes, I beg you to make the instructions very simple for me (duh). Thanks. From my observations so far the spirit in the CrackBerry community is awesome!
    11-02-07 10:53 AM
    YES you can ... after you install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (hopefully you have windows) you will have the option of "switching devices" in the program ... if for some reason that cant transfer your files (i've seen it with a few ppl) just sync your Palm TX to outlook and then sync your BB to outlook

oh and welcome to the crack
    11-02-07 12:00 PM
    Thanks so much. I'll keep you posted re: my success. Got an email that my BB has shipped! Can't wait.
    11-02-07 05:16 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! But especially to Blackberry!! I promise you will never look back.
    11-02-07 05:35 PM
    Welcome to CB.com jburt!
    You're going to love your Blackberry!
    11-02-07 06:37 PM
    WElcome to CB!
    Am sure you are quite excited for the BB to reach to you.
    When is expected delivery?...Sounds like a baby delivery
    11-02-07 07:17 PM
    welcome to the CRACK!
    11-02-07 08:07 PM
    Thanks for all your welcome greetings. The email said my Pearl will come in 1-2 business days-so I should have it by 11/6. I am already addictively reading the tips and forums to get ready. Yay.
    11-02-07 11:18 PM
    excellent jburt, welcome to the community, glad to have you here
    11-03-07 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD