I've come across a problem with my internet browsing. I've not been able to download Opera yet so I'm just using the standard browser. Sometimes I get the message about accepting cookies from websites I'm not being able to view. It's a mobile website that I'm trying to access. Any suggestions?
    08-28-08 10:31 AM
    while in the browser go to options>general properties and make sur that "prompt before running WML Scripts is NOT checked.....Welcome to CB
    08-28-08 10:35 AM
    WML scripts not checked. Still having problems.
    08-28-08 10:39 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Lets start with basics, are you able to view simple pages like Google?

If so, all your connections are working correctly.

Next, try a WAP site that is known to work with BlackBerry: WAP.CRACKBERRY.COM. If that works correctly, you can be confidant your device settings are correct.

Now for the challenging site. Your Browser supports two views, Column and Page view. I use Column for WAP sites and Page view for conventional sites.

I have to be honest, there are sites that BlackBerry Browser can not deal with.

That is where Opera comes in. It uses a different technology to host the site and send you page updates, similar to PCAnywhere.
    08-28-08 10:41 AM
    Google: yes

WAP: yes

Guess I need to try to get Opera installed. I haven't used the BB desktop very much. When I tried to get the SMS download of Opera it never reached my phone and they wouldn't resend it. To download it from my phone didn't work either. Time for some quality time with the compy.
    08-28-08 10:46 AM
    I get this message:

You cannot currently access Weight Watchers Mobile on your device.

Please make sure youre using a supported device, and that its set to accept cookies.

Weight Watchers Mobile is designed for use with Blackberry [xxxx], Windows Mobile 6, and iPhone. Weight Watchers Mobile may function on other devices, but we cannot provide technical support for them at this time.

2008 Weight Watchers International, Inc. 2008 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Help
    And the help link doesn't do anything
    08-28-08 10:59 AM
    I got the ww page on the first try.

That rules out a site specific fault. I tried it with Javascrips enabled and disabled, no difference.

When I access the site from my desktop, I am redirected to WW.ca. On my Curve, I am not redirected even though it shares the same IP address range as my desktop.

I tried using the Help section, but BlackBerry and Mobile search did not return any hits.

I was able to get a few hit in the Forum, this thread offers some interesting advise.

WeightWatchers: Community - Message Board Posts

It may be time to call on WW tech support.
    Last edited by Reed; 08-28-08 at 12:24 PM.
    08-28-08 12:11 PM
    I'm trying to access the mobile site.

mobile.weightwatchers.com/
    08-28-08 01:26 PM
    That is interesting, I can not connect to that URL, it is returning a communications failure.

Have you tried "http://www.weightwatchers.com" ? That worked for me.
    08-28-08 01:30 PM
    weightwatchers.com gives me the same blah blah about accepting cookies. I'm pretty sure that my Pearl accepts cookies.
    08-28-08 02:00 PM
    I have just tested the mobile site again, this time I did get the logon page.

Check Browser / Options / Cache operations. Do you have any cookies in the cache?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 02:26 PM
    Says that I have 28 cookies currently.
    08-28-08 02:39 PM
    There is no apparent problem accepting cookies.

I hope somebody has a clue.

I am using the Wifi Browser, perhaps somebody with the Internet Browser can check the URL?

Last edited by Reed; 08-28-08 at 04:13 PM.
    08-28-08 02:53 PM
    I just looked and I'm running v4.3.0.60.
    Could that be the problem?
    08-28-08 04:19 PM
    That should be fine. I have used v4.3 in beta, no problems.

Something else occured to me, are you using an alternate Browser compatibiity?

Browser / Options / browser configuration. Emulation mode default is BlackBerry.

08-28-08 04:29 PM
    You should be able to download opera mini ota now. Until recently it wouldn't work but i just got it a couple days ago and love it. I haven't found a page it wouldn't load yet. Search the forums for issues with getting opera mini running. That's how i got it.
    08-28-08 04:46 PM
    I ended up wiping the thing and starting anew.
    Got Opera downloaded and was able to access my site.
    Alls well that ends well.
    08-28-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD