I am having some issues with getting a OTA .jad theme file to get loaded to my phone via Blackberry Desktop manager. I have downloaded a couple themes but can not get them to install with the app. loader. I keep getting error messages:

"There is an XML syntax error on line 1"

I use a Blackberry 8100 Pearl, the themes are designed for pearls.

Should i be downloading these as a different file format?
    09-25-08 05:22 PM
    if you are trying to put an ota theme on with the desktop manager it wont work. ota means over the air and should be downloaded straight from your bb. themes can be added from desktop if they are in a zip file with a cod and alx file
    09-25-08 05:23 PM
    when i've clicked a few of them, it brings up a download window in internet explore. then saves the file to my downloads folder in my HD. How do i get it to save to my phone?
    09-25-08 05:31 PM
    if it is truly an ota download it will bring you to a screen where you can click download or cancel and it will list the details of the theme. if you 're not coming to that screen then you are trying to download a zip file to your phone which you can't do
    09-25-08 05:41 PM
    OTA has to be gotten from the BB itself. You can't use your PC to download. At least I am unaware of any way to do so. The point of OTA is to remove needing the PC to install the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 02:22 AM
    i was having a "blonde" day and just could not put 2 and 2 together. I was trying to download the file to my comp then transfer via Desktop manager. But after much anger and a few choice words it finally clicked and had to snag the downloads from the CB launcher.
    09-30-08 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD