I have been beating my head against the wall--trying to import an Audible.Com book onto my Curve 8310--I finally called Audible, after searching CrackBerry for info, and was told the file was incompatble with the Curve 8310 (works with some other BlackBerrys). Any converson programs that will make this work--I'd like to eliminate the i-pod!
    03-19-08 11:36 AM
    Hey, I have the same issue and want to download from audible.com library onto my Curve 8310. I modified the i-pod holder on my motorcycle to accept the Curve. No problems listening to mp3 - but has the issue with audible.com been solved since you posted your question?
    03-21-08 03:14 PM
    I use AudibleManager to download books onto my desktop's hard drive, then use Roxio Manager to drag and drop books from my hard drive onto my media card. I've found that that process works best for me.
    03-21-08 04:38 PM
    I use AudibleManager to download books onto my desktop's hard drive, then use Roxio Manager to drag and drop books from my hard drive onto my media card. I've found that that process works best for me.
    thanks for the tip that sounds like it should work!
    03-22-08 07:50 PM
    I understand using the Roxio Manager and have done that. However the BB media player will not play my Audible file. Do I need to do something else?
    03-25-08 02:47 PM
    Correct; the file won't run on the BB player. You'll need to download the Audible player. You can find it on the Audible site to give a try. I did a while back and downloaded it, but it didn't seem to work correctly.

Shagusaur created a post with an address for the player that I found to work better for my needs: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/aud...-8310-a-14078/

I found initially that rather than create a "music" folder on your media card to place your books into (as Shagasaur recommends), just download the most recent AudibleAir Sampler and let Audible create the folder for you. Then go into Roxio, find the folder and the Sample you downloaded b/c that's where you'll need to drag and drop your audiobooks in order to view them in your 'My Library'.

Sounds like a complicated and involved process, but after you get things set up the first time, the process will be much easier afterwards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 04:56 PM
    Download audible playe and check box to have audible files avaialble for converison for windows media so it can be a wma or mp3 and sync to your BB to the memory card (you will need one- microSD) .
    07-22-08 01:25 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    07-22-08 01:27 PM
    To install the Audible Manager on your PC, it asks you to first select your device. I have the BB Curve 8320 and it is NOT in the list of devies they provide in the drop down menu during installation. Now what?
    07-24-08 10:59 PM
    Had same issue, I found this works. Drag directly from my computer to BB directory, play like melting butter. The media manager kept giving me issues, audible said use their over the air for blackberry, that worked fine if I only wanted 20 min at a time. Then I downloaded to hard drive on computer and dragged into directory. It will not show on library but if you go to ALL files there's your book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 11:07 PM
    When I installed Audibe Manager on my P, it asks as part of the installation for us to plug in our BB Curve so it can download software to the Curve. This software of their s is what never worked on my Curve (it freezes the phone). Also, it picks the format FOR YOU based on your device selection. In my case it chose something called "Format 4" whatever the heck that is. So how do I convert it to Mp3 before using Roxio to drag it to my BB SD card?
    07-25-08 07:43 PM
    [BB-8330, V4.3.0.127] I downloaded from Audible using their software, moved the files into desktop manager (roxio). The files are now on the media card, but when I go to 'Media' from the home screen, I don't see any files listed in any of the folders. I can see the files listed on the sd card and see them listed in the 'music' folder (I guess i had them in 2 places), but cannot see them to access/play them. If anyone knows, I'd sure appreciate the help! I downloaded my text book from school so I could study on the go...helllllllllp!
    11-27-08 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD