I have several questions but first off I want to know if I should switch from OS 4.3 to 4.5 for better production from my BB. Then also when I'm on some web links it won't let me select some things that I know I should be able too. Thx in advance for any help.
    10-21-08 07:09 PM
    I would wait until you are more comfortable wth the bb...what kind of links are you talking about? Check your browser for java script settings.
    10-21-08 07:25 PM
    Like even on the crackberry site down where it is in blue and says "my account" I can't hit on the newbies links. Also my small business web page let's me open into the associate page and then will not let me hit any links that I know r working on my pc. Thx berry me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 07:37 PM
    if your going to upgrade just make sure you know what your doing and also make sure you read all that you can on cb to get familiar with the does and don't'
    10-21-08 08:08 PM
    Right on thx for all the help. One other question is what is the fastest way to scroll to the bottom of a web page.Since it takes 2 minutes to get to the bottom of crackberry!Lol!! Also is there other ways to click on a link other than the trackball because I'm still having problems with that. Thx for the obvious!

10-21-08 10:03 PM
    You can try adjusting trackball sensitivity, but I know that adjusts it for EVERYTHING, not just browser.

I have not tried any other browsers yet (thinking about going Opera) so not sure if they would have shortcuts or better maneuverability there.

Would be nice if in the browser the side volume keys acted as "Page UP" and "Page DOWN" keys.
    10-22-08 06:04 AM
    Welcome to CB. There is a great post on here that talks about upgrading from 4.3 to 4.5 but be sure to follow the instructions carefully so you don't damage your phone.

10-22-08 06:18 AM
    Right on thx for all the help. One other question is what is the fastest way to scroll to the bottom of a web page.Since it takes 2 minutes to get to the bottom of crackberry!Lol!! Also is there other ways to click on a link other than the trackball because I'm still having problems with that. Thx for the obvious!

I use the enter key to click on a link.
    I use space bar--similar to page down--to move to sections on a page.
    I also use the B key to move to the bottom/end of a page.

10-22-08 06:19 AM
    Wow thats good info. I run the 4.3 OS on a BB 8330 if that pertinent. But those shortcuts do work so thx a lot. I love having my BB and will never go to a regular cell phone again. Its like a whole new world and I'm not leaving so thx for the welcome. Has anyone else ran into not being able to click on certain links on web pages?

10-22-08 09:34 AM
    I'm not sure if there's another way to do it using the Blackberry browser, but if you download operamini it allows for much faster scrolling.
    10-22-08 01:41 PM
    SPACE = PgDn
    SHIFT-SPACE = PgUp
    B = Bottom
    T = Top

This behavior is almost universal on BlackBerry for pages of text (like email text or browser pages) or almost any list. In Calendar, SPACE and SHIFT-SPACE move forward/backward a day, week, or month depending on your calendar display.

Last edited by jbeachy; 10-22-08 at 09:57 PM.
    10-22-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD