Ok, maybe I'm not a moron, but I learned when you tell people you are stupid they usually help you. I guess it's human nature.

I just got an 8330 and went with sprint (yea, price played a factor). I'm kinda tech geek so I read up on faq's before posting (don't need any RTFM posts). I'll go ahead and post my questions in an easy to read format (all of which have probably been answered before, but I'm kinda drunk right now with my girlfriend and searching won't do me any good).

1. Apprently Sprint doesnt do MMS for BB's, I tried number@vzwpix.com and it didn't work, any other ways to send MMS or do I gotta do e-mail/messengers?

2. Should I upgrade to 4.5(a simple yes/no would suffice, warranties dont matter to me)? If so, anybody have a quick link to it?

3. Is there a MSWord/OpenOffice program to use?

4. I ordered the 8gig SD card, I own an insurance agency, can anybody recommend good applications for me? This is my first smart phone.

5. How the **** do I enable html emails? I've searched and searched, the damn option eludes me.

6. Is there anyway to get free games/applications or should I pony up the money via sprint or the express cart here. Texas Holdem, Tetris and Chess are my favorite games on phones.

7. 80% of the time if I press voice dialing button it locks up on me, so i restart it. Would 4.5 fix this or should I complain and get a new phone?

I appreciate your help, I'm sure all of these questions are answered 5x a day. My biggest 2 questions are where to get 4.5 (and how to install) and how do I send MMS to verizon people (my girlfriend has verizon). The rest you can tell me to RTFM(read the F****ing manual) or STFF(search the F***ing forums) like I tell people if you want.

Your help is appreciated and if you need insurance in Maryland let me know.
    11-14-08 09:45 PM
    1. email
    2. no not until you get to know your device there is no release for sprint yet
    3. there is docs to go with 4.5
    4. you can't store apps on the 8g card just media and look at the popular download links in my signature
    5. html comes with 4.5
    6. not sure about games
    7. 4.5 might fix it
    if you do want to try the 4.5 there is a sticky at the top of this forum with another carriers release you can also look at the proper upgrade/downgrade procedure in my signature to familiarize yourself with the process and with the mms it's not going to happen you have to send an email
    11-14-08 09:49 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. Hopefully one day I'll be able to post something useful and help somebody also!
    11-14-08 09:51 PM
    I have the pearl and I am not sure about the 4.5 people have hacked other carriers to work
    The voice dial thing is easy when too many apps are open it freezes
    I don't think you can oit apps on an sd card I wish you could but you can put your pics and music and ringtones on the card that's all I can advise hope it helps
    I'm with sprint too and I've had good luck with them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 09:54 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. Hopefully one day I'll be able to post something useful and help somebody also!
    you will get there someday
    11-14-08 10:01 PM
    Welcome... You bought a Blackberry, so you're no where near a moron. Good job!
    11-14-08 10:15 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I have the Sprint 8330, and I have upgraded to 4.5.0.97 with excellent operation. I have everything promised in the 4.5 upgrade, except for the rumored MMS option that Sprint may or may not include in their 4.5 version.

Enjoy your addiction
    11-14-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD