Hello everyone,

I'm Ryan from Tokyo and no one I know around me has a Blackberry phone.

But it doesn't prevent me from owning two of the same spectacular device!
    That's how much I love Blackberry Passport!

I only started using Blackberry 2 years ago and
    with help from this forum, I hope I can tweak my passport to its fullest capacity.

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers
    Qorax, vincentkong and gruv4u like this.
    07-11-18 04:36 AM
    You are not alone Ryan...

I own two Blackberry Passports (black+white)!  Am I crazy?-bb-passports-magazine.jpg
    CBRC1978 likes this.
    07-11-18 05:18 AM
    Wow, I know how you feel! ><
    Qorax likes this.
    07-11-18 05:31 AM
    You are not alone Ryan...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Passports, Magazine.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	437748

Actually I just purchased the white one today. It's software release 10.3.2.440 at its factory setting. I plan to keep it like it's. I'll experiment on the black one only. How about you?
    07-11-18 05:50 AM
    It's a cool top phone I use to have a passport but silly sold it have a old classic witch is cool maybe get a key2 next or a passport again

Posted via CB10
    CBRC1978 likes this.
    07-11-18 08:11 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry..
    CBRC1978 likes this.
    07-11-18 08:16 AM
    It's a cool top phone I use to have a passport but silly sold it have a old classic witch is cool maybe get a key2 next or a passport again

Posted via CB10

Why did you sell it? But I can understand the classic is like a mini version of passport. Smaller. I never owned any other Blackberry phones. Hopefully they will make next generation passport hopefully!
    07-19-18 03:02 AM
    Why did you sell it? But I can understand the classic is like a mini version of passport. Smaller. I never owned any other Blackberry phones. Hopefully they will make next generation passport hopefully!
    The KEYone or Key2 is as close as you’ll ever get. Traditional PKB versions sold more than Passport. The Passport version of the PKB was too different for too many of the already niche target demographic.
    07-19-18 06:03 AM
    The KEYone or Key2 is as close as you’ll ever get. Traditional PKB versions sold more than Passport. The Passport version of the PKB was too different for too many of the already niche target demographic.
    I've seen Key2 and other Blackberry phone, but they all can't beat Passport in my eyes. I meant when I first saw Blackberry Passport, I almost had an orgasm. LOLZ But I took me more than a week now just to get everything to work in my Passport. I feel like a geek literally. LOLZ
    07-19-18 06:12 AM
    Going back to the original post for a moment - yes, you likely are crazy.

Rest assured, you are NOT the ONLY CRAZY one here ...

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehe (imagine a slightly hysterical pitch to that line)
    07-19-18 08:35 AM
    Going back to the original post for a moment - yes, you likely are crazy.

Rest assured, you are NOT the ONLY CRAZY one here ...

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehe (imagine a slightly hysterical pitch to that line)
    Lol I feel better now

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    07-19-18 04:03 PM
    I've seen Key2 and other Blackberry phone, but they all can't beat Passport in my eyes. I meant when I first saw Blackberry Passport, I almost had an orgasm. LOLZ But I took me more than a week now just to get everything to work in my Passport. I feel like a geek literally. LOLZ
    Enjoy the Passport as long as you can. Just explaining why you won't see the PKB from Passport ever again. It was one-time deal for one-time device.
    07-19-18 11:09 PM
    Hello everyone,

with help from this forum, I hope I can tweak my passport to its fullest capacity.

Cheers
    It's your money. Spend it how you want.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-18 12:45 AM
    Best BlackBerry ever made. Also top 5 phones of all time.
    07-21-18 10:07 AM
    Best BlackBerry ever made. Also top 5 phones of all time.
    I agree. Passport doesn't fall into any category. It's an unique creation by itself.

BTW what are the top 5 phones?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-18 02:08 PM
    I agree. Passport doesn't fall into any category. It's an unique creation by itself.

BTW what are the top 5 phones?

Posted via CB10
    Passport
    Bold
    iPhone 8
    Galaxy S9
    Nokia 3310
    CBRC1978 likes this.
    07-21-18 03:02 PM
    Hello. I just purchased a blue classic which was delivered today. I've been using a Priv from Verizon for the past year and a half. I didn't care for the keyboard and the phone was so slow.

Anyway I decided I wanted something for calls and texts, more than a flip phone but not an android either.

I love the design of the Passport and would have gotten that but I fell in love with the blue color of the Classic. I feel like I will probably get a Passport soon anyway though just to have it.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    07-28-18 12:44 AM
    Hello. I just purchased a blue classic which was delivered today. I've been using a Priv from Verizon for the past year and a half. I didn't care for the keyboard and the phone was so slow.

Anyway I decided I wanted something for calls and texts, more than a flip phone but not an android either.

I love the design of the Passport and would have gotten that but I fell in love with the blue color of the Classic. I feel like I will probably get a Passport soon anyway though just to have it.

Posted via CB10
    Passport is better. Some of the Classic functionality is nice but that tiny screen and poor specs just won't do even with BB10 optimization.

Passport is the best BB10 ever made.
    07-28-18 09:31 AM
    Passport is better. Some of the Classic functionality is nice but that tiny screen and poor specs just won't do even with BB10 optimization.

Passport is the best BB10 ever made.
    For me it was the opposite. The better specs of the Passport never made up for the non-standard PKB. If forced to only use one BB10 device, I’d pick the Classic over the Passport for the standard PKB.
    07-28-18 10:55 AM
    For me it was the opposite. The better specs of the Passport never made up for the non-standard PKB. If forced to only use one BB10 device, I’d pick the Classic over the Passport for the standard PKB.
    I see. The Classic keyboard was too small for me, my thumbs kept hitting each other lol

The spaced out keyboard of the PP was much easier for me to use.
    07-28-18 11:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't like that physical permanent shortcut menu under the screen of classics. It's less minimal than Passport in the design sense. If Passport didn't exist I think I'll just use an iPhone today.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 02:16 PM
    I don't like that physical permanent shortcut menu under the screen of classics. It's less minimal than Passport in the design sense. If Passport didn't exist I think I'll just use an iPhone today.

Posted via CB10
    That’s probably a good idea for the future....
    07-30-18 08:27 PM
    Hello everyone,

Cheers
    Ryan, I've had my Passport since the day it was released to the public. NOTHING (in my opinion) has yet to come close to replacing the quality, the smoothness , the handling _________ (space for anyone to add their own favorite reason) of The Passport. It is still the finest and most unique mobile device ever .
    THere are those that will disagree but that doesn't change the fact that I'm right (I'm always right, It's a gift) and that they are all in denial. Their disagreement is proof of their denial. And anyone that complains they can't play Pokemon Go or other games on the Passport have no business using any blackberry devices PERIOD!. (here come the denyers again)
    Just before the KeyONE was launched (the 12th launch or thereabouts) I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8+ because up to that point, I'd only used Blackberry's (11 years or so) and I wanted to learn Android inside out. And I learned it inside-out, upside down, rightside up ( for right handed use and for left handed use just read everything backwards)
    Once all the uselessjunk was removed and I learned to tweak everything (and I can tweak where you can't tweak ) it became a very impressive device.
    At this point, it would be irresponsible of me not to warn you that the S8+ is not for everyone. I've never had an addiction, not so much as a craving for anything. (well, accept for (deleted) maybe! ) I had to try every single Launcher along with more Themes and icons than any one person should be allowed to have in a lifetime. I stopped eating, I could only communicate by text. I had wiped the device more than 30 times.
    My Blackberry friends did an intervention to bring me back.
    Not finding a Blackberry to compare with my Passport, I upgraded to a Galaxy S9+ and started sneaking away to work it. I've lost track of how long I've been hiding in this closet, now... but, when a successor to the Passport is offered, I'll be there.

That concludes my reply to the first part of your concerns.

Are you crazy??? Well, I know a thing or two about crazy.,( No, really!) but I will need a bit more information before I can make an accurate assessment.
    Let's start with the first of many subjects. As a child , tell us about your relationship with your mother...................
    07-30-18 08:38 PM
    Ryan, I've had my Passport since the day it was released to the public. NOTHING (in my opinion) has yet to come close to replacing the quality, the smoothness , the handling _________ (space for anyone to add their own favorite reason) of The Passport. It is still the finest and most unique mobile device ever .
    THere are those that will disagree but that doesn't change the fact that I'm right (I'm always right, It's a gift) and that they are all in denial. Their disagreement is proof of their denial. And anyone that complains they can't play Pokemon Go or other games on the Passport have no business using any blackberry devices PERIOD!. (here come the denyers again)
    Just before the KeyONE was launched (the 12th launch or thereabouts) I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8+ because up to that point, I'd only used Blackberry's (11 years or so) and I wanted to learn Android inside out. And I learned it inside-out, upside down, rightside up ( for right handed use and for left handed use just read everything backwards)
    Once all the uselessjunk was removed and I learned to tweak everything (and I can tweak where you can't tweak ) it became a very impressive device.
    At this point, it would be irresponsible of me not to warn you that the S8+ is not for everyone. I've never had an addiction, not so much as a craving for anything. (well, accept for (deleted) maybe! ) I had to try every single Launcher along with more Themes and icons than any one person should be allowed to have in a lifetime. I stopped eating, I could only communicate by text. I had wiped the device more than 30 times.
    My Blackberry friends did an intervention to bring me back.
    Not finding a Blackberry to compare with my Passport, I upgraded to a Galaxy S9+ and started sneaking away to work it. I've lost track of how long I've been hiding in this closet, now... but, when a successor to the Passport is offered, I'll be there.

That concludes my reply to the first part of your concerns.

Are you crazy??? Well, I know a thing or two about crazy.,( No, really!) but I will need a bit more information before I can make an accurate assessment.
    Let's start with the first of many subjects. As a child , tell us about your relationship with your mother...................
    After reading your feedback, I think I'm not crazy anymore. Hahaha I meant it in a good way though. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-31-18 06:53 AM