Okay, so I have just recently recieved my BB curve 8310 and I have been trying to figure out blackberry messenger with another friend that has the same exact model of BB.. I have entered his PIN number into his contact information and sent him a contact request and all it says is pending on my phone and on his phone nothing ever pops up.. NEED SOME HELP!!!
    05-14-08 10:37 AM
    Hmm...sounds weird! My only suggestion would be to have him request you as a friend?
    05-14-08 10:40 AM
    We have tried that as well, I can't think of anything else to try to get it to work.
    05-14-08 10:46 AM
    Go here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/

Make sure you are using the "Request PIN" option, or it defaults to e-mail, which usually fails.
    05-14-08 10:47 AM
    I cannot find a "request PIN" selecting on BB Messenger. Could you give me the exact way to get to it?
    05-14-08 11:11 AM
    Read the How do I add a contact to BlackBerry Messenger? section of the thread I linked in my last post.
    05-14-08 11:27 AM
    okay well I found it and I tried that method but still its the same result. It just says that it is pending on my BB and on my friends BB nothing prompts him to do anything. Nothing even shows up on his phone. I don't understand what could possibly be the problem.
    05-14-08 11:51 AM
    Try a battery pull!
    05-14-08 11:56 AM
    This happened to me also with a friend that had multiple e-mail accts set up on his BB. I had to make sure I used the right e-mail that is the default, and then it worked. Have you tried using his e-mail to send the request. Also this may happen if the person doesn't have BB Messenger loaded. Make sure he has it, if not he should load it and then try again. When you add a contact scroll up to Use Once, then hit the ribbon button and you should see request pin.
    05-14-08 12:15 PM
    Make sure you both delete all your pending requests and start over from scratch.
    05-14-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD