I am frustrated beyond belief. I just got my 8330 Curve and I do not want to constantly receive my emails when I am at work. I only want to get them when I am away from work and manually go in and get my emails. I looked up the concept of the manual email forwarding but that is only available if I use an enterprise server which I don't.

I also went in to the security settings and told the firewall to block the BB internet incoming but was then told that I am really not deleting those and and that they will count as and build up in my data usage. Even if I clear the "count regularily.

Does any body have any ideas?

Also need to know an easy way to import my outlook express addresses. I think If I do that then I might be able to set up a strict filter for those nasty spam emails that I get 200-300 per day.

Thanks for any help
    10-24-08 05:28 PM
    I am frustrated beyond belief. I just got my 8330 Curve and I do not want to constantly receive my emails when I am at work. I only want to get them when I am away from work and manually go in and get my emails. I looked up the concept of the manual email forwarding but that is only available if I use an enterprise server which I don't.

I also went in to the security settings and told the firewall to block the BB internet incoming but was then told that I am really not deleting those and and that they will count as and build up in my data usage. Even if I clear the "count regularily.

Does any body have any ideas?
    Not sure how to do this. I see where you're coming from but, most BB users want their email pushed. Is it a Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail account you want to manually check? Or is it your ISP?
    Also need to know an easy way to import my outlook express addresses. I think If I do that then I might be able to set up a strict filter for those nasty spam emails that I get 200-300 per day. Have you used the Desktop Manager? It will do this for you.

Thanks for any help
    See my answers in red
    10-24-08 05:42 PM
    Hi- It is my own ISP I use for my emails- both personal and my business. Need to get away from email sometimes or just check it once an awhile. I guess I am not your typical BB addict but I love it otherwise!

I will install the desktop manager and try to get my addresses.

any help with the forwarding issue would be appreciated.
    10-24-08 05:54 PM
    I don't think it will cost you any more to have all the emails delivered at once, than to have them delivered as they arrive. So if you really don't want receive them, turn on the firewall and block their delivery until you're ready.
    10-24-08 10:33 PM
    I would have to agree with Jeff. It should be the same costwise coming through one at a time or all at once. Also, the way you are stopping them now is the only way that I know of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 11:38 PM
    The other option is to access your emails through the browser, so you can go and check them whenever you want.

Or, you could create a Profile that doesn't include email. So, they'd be delivered but you wouldn't be notified. Then you could just check them when you're ready.
    10-25-08 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD