Hi All,
    I have been a member of this site for years. But today i bought my first blackberry, its a Curve 8320 i am so happy, so thought that i should share my happiness with you all. I have been a member of this site since i was in school. now i am doing a job and got this berry with my own earned money, its feels great. its a Vodafone network my blackberry service will be activated from day after tomorrow. cant wait 2 get started....i already started playing with it( by connecting via wifi) i just want to make sure of one thing when my berry service get activated its possible to configure the email by myself right? well i think so correct me if i am wrong. the woman in the store said that i have 2 give my id and password to them and they will configure it. I dont like to do that. pls do reply to my question if u get time. Thanx byee
    04-26-10 06:11 AM
    Hello, welcome and congratulations! You can configure almost everything yourself on your blackberry and hanging around here, you will learn to do that. It's strange that it will take 3 days to activate your blackberry service, most times it is done right in the store where you buy the phone. Anyway, after you confirm that it is connected, you can just go on this website and create a BIS account, then you can start adding any email addresses that you want to receive on your phone. It's easy, you just add the email address and the password for the account and it's done. Now, if you already created a BIS account at the store when you bought the phone, then you don't have to do all this. You can just add the email addresses from your phone, there is an email setup icon right on the app screen. Good luck and have fun.

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk
    04-26-10 06:22 AM
    Congrats you can setup email thru the phone itself or the bis website on pc. I would al so suggest upgrading the os on phone to latest check the forums for ur device for latest os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 06:22 AM
    congrats on the Curve! You own the best selling smartphone in the world right now (curve)

you will become addicted like us, there not kidding when they call these "crack" berrys
    04-26-10 06:40 AM
    Congrats , I know your going to be so happy with it

04-26-10 06:43 AM
    Welcome to the world of BlackBerry and congrats on your new device.
    04-26-10 07:46 AM
    Congrats for getting the curve!

04-26-10 10:42 AM
    Congrats on your BB and welcome to cb forums

Register the device on the network, if you haven't done it yet...
    Menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now.

04-26-10 10:50 AM
    Congrats and welcome!!
    I learned every single thing i know about my BB here on this forum
    Have fun!
    04-26-10 10:51 AM
    Yay congrats on your purchase. But you didn't lose your BB virginity yet it has to be registered.

04-26-10 02:54 PM
    Congrats. You'll be a crackhead like us by next week!
    04-26-10 03:22 PM
    Thanx all for all the comments. My blackberry service have not started yet (will start tom) But i am already liking this device a lot blackberry the best phone ever. one of the thing i like is that i can spell check while i type sms. The girl i like always use 2 complain about my horrible spelling. that wont happen now i am discovering more and more things about this BB. and getting surprises.
    04-27-10 01:13 PM
    Congrats and welcome!
    04-27-10 01:33 PM
    Hello Im another new user here ordered the Bold 900 because it was free. Am I gonna b ok or did I need to get the 9700? Also do the pin messages come out on my bill like the regular texts will?
    04-27-10 01:49 PM
    Hello Im another new user here ordered the Bold 900 because it was free. Am I gonna b ok or did I need to get the 9700? Also do the pin messages come out on my bill like the regular texts will?
    You'll be OK for now. The 9000 just lacks in memory. That's it. PIN messages also count towards your data rate, not SMS. The great advantage of BBM (PIN messages) is that you could message anyone anywhere in the world without incurring obscene texting fees. If you're at an international airport out of country with a wifi connection, you could continue talking to all your friends through it for free (barring wifi connection costs) as well.
    04-27-10 02:25 PM
    Dunno what carrier you're on, but if you're AT&T, the 9700 is available for free at BlackBerry Cell Phones. This includes free activation as of the last check I made of them today.
    04-27-10 04:17 PM
    Hi all my blackberry service got activated i configured my email ids and can receive and send mails now..downloaded gtalk, yahoo messenger and msn....staying online 24x7, playing youtube videos via wifi.... i think i am getting hooked.
    04-29-10 05:14 AM
    Congrats I see you an addict already I just wanted to comment because I am one of the few that actually had to get my email set up by the phone company they were saying something was wrong with my account and I gave them the wrong password ... They worked their magic and I now have emai ...lol

05-02-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD