Ok, i bought an unlocked phone from a friend and put my sim in it. It works and everything but i dont know how to get ringtones and stuff like that, I don't have a blackbery plan through my carrier and dont know if that means I cant set up e-mail and stuff on it. I thought that i could just get my regular e-mail fowarded to my phone and not have to go through all that expence of being @blackberry.net or whatever. Now the phone i got is from T-molbe and Im on AT&T is that goign to be a problem if i want to be able to add that feture if i have to get e-mail and stuff? Also it didn't come with any sofware so i cant link it up to my PC. My PC reconized the device but since tere is no sofware i can't really do anything. Can i get the download through this site?

Sorry for the novel,

~LunarFire~
    10-17-08 02:23 PM
    Ok, i bought an unlocked phone from a friend and put my sim in it. It works and everything but i dont know how to get ringtones and stuff like that, I don't have a blackbery plan through my carrier and dont know if that means I cant set up e-mail and stuff on it. I thought that i could just get my regular e-mail fowarded to my phone and not have to go through all that expence of being @blackberry.net or whatever. Now the phone i got is from T-molbe and Im on AT&T is that goign to be a problem if i want to be able to add that feture if i have to get e-mail and stuff? Also it didn't come with any sofware so i cant link it up to my PC. My PC reconized the device but since tere is no sofware i can't really do anything. Can i get the download through this site?

Sorry for the novel,

~LunarFire~
    to get the software go here BlackBerry. and to be able to use email and all that you will need a data plan, data charges can get quite excessive if you don't have, also the phone will be able to do much more if you go ahead and get the data plan
    10-17-08 02:29 PM

Sorry for the novel,

~LunarFire~
    Welcome to CB!!

You'll have to get a data plan in order to set up your email. You can load your ringtones onto a media card or your internal memory using the Desktop Manager. There's quite a bit of information here on the forums that will go into detail, answering all of your questions. Just go to "Search Forums" and type in a keyword. If you still can't find an answer, create a new thread (like you did here) and ask away.

One issue you may have is, even though the phone is unlocked, more than likely the Service Books are still under the old T-Mobile account. Do a search on service books...my fingers are killing me. (j/j)
    10-17-08 02:30 PM
    Welcome to CB!

You're in the right place for everything for the Blackberry. If someone here doesn't have the answer, it probably doesn't exist.

Enjoy the site and the forums. Don't be afraid to ask for help. We were all newbies at one time.

Ciao!
    10-17-08 08:04 PM
    Welcome to the Crack.
    10-17-08 08:28 PM
    Welcome to the family.
    10-17-08 08:42 PM
    welcome to the addiction.
    10-18-08 09:17 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-18-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD