I've searched everywhere, and I get little pieces of answers, but nothing that works for me. A little background...

I started off with a Palm, just to keep a calendar and notes and contacts. This was great - as a high-functioning ADD adult, I found that this was much better and far less dorky than carrying a notepad on a string around my neck. Then came smartphones. Woohoo! The treo worked pretty well for me, but then my kids became teens and I started living out of my car (not literally, but it felt like it sometimes!) Big problem - no bluetooth for the ol' treo, plus the keys were itsy bitsy, and then it died on me. Hubby suggested a lovely phone that used Windows Mobile. OMG, what a horrible thing. If you are a person who can adapt to change, function under stress, make allowances for the multiple idiosyncrasies that are the calling card of MicroSoft, you can find plenty of reasons to hate Windows Mobile. If you have ADD, two kids who are on different schedules, and are volunteering for multiple organizations, there are no reasons NOT to hate Windows Mobile.

So I laid it on the line to hubby - get the wife a new phone, or deal with her descent into madness from trying to use the torture device she had. I did my research, and the Blackberry seemed to have more of the functionality that I needed than the Palm offerings. And I do love it, I really do. There's just one thing, and that's the calendar.

I've searched. I've read different forums. I'm not stupid - I've moderated some big sites, written tutorials on game modding and photoshop, and I know how irritating it is to have noobs ask questions that are clearly in FAQs and stickies at the tops of forums. I'm not doing that, I swear. I'm just not getting what I need.

I have to keep track of my own schedule, my one daughter's music lesson/stage crew/color guard schedule, my other daughter's music lessonSSSSS/marching band/section leader/school clubSSSS - plus the attendant doctor/dentist/veterinarian/home maintenance and repair schedules without making it look like a total mishmosh. We've tried separate google calendars so things would be color coded by person, but for some reason I haven't been able to get that to work, and now Google sync has stopped working completely. I do not have a company server, I'm a SAHM (except I never get to stay home) so I'm relying on what's out there that I and the family can access. Pleasepleaseplease, can someone either direct me to a clear, well-written post on an app or tutorial, or even respond to me with something that worked for them? If I have to bug my hubby to write an app called "MOMPHONE" or something like that, it might well ruin my marriage. Have mercy on me!
    06-26-09 08:48 AM
    I came across an app that will do exactly what you need. Being another ADD adult, I don't remember what it was but I did bookmark it. I'll dig it up and send you a link tomorrow. - Anthony

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:12 AM
    If you could find that for me, I would definitely be a happy camper! Thanks!
    06-29-09 07:19 AM
    Being the father of 3 kids myself I know what you go through. When I have my 700 treo I could color code each kid to my calendar. Very easy to look at. Now I have to scroll to each event to see who's who. A app that would allow color coding under a single E-mail would be very nice. So I am patently waiting for an answer here.

06-30-09 06:37 AM
    Hi
    I use pocket informant to allow me colour coded calendar tasks , calendar etc. It also allows some nice additional fonts. Like any app it has its drawbacks, eg need to sync with std cal, but I like it especially for colour features and have had no tech probs at all with it.

06-30-09 06:46 AM
    This may not be the best solution, but if you have different email addresses you can have different "calendars" on your BB which you can change the colors for. I have several emails 2 of which go to my gmail account, but when I add something onto my calendar, I can change the color of the event. A solution can be you make a new gmail address then forward that to your main email. The "sham" email can be set aside for one of your daughters or etc.
    To change the color on your calendar,
    go to calendar>options> then the different calendars click the box and change the color.

Hope that helps.
    06-30-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD