Ok, I knew Blackberry had to have something with so many users so I had to find out myself. Gave up the Iphone for the 8310 a few days ago. Now I have to say that the Iphone really has the best platform out there and great internet but...It does like most devices have its short comings. Like most BB users its been glued to my hand since I bought it, its quite an amazing device and having fun learning its capabilities. I also have learned a few things from this forum...thanks. As the days go on I am sure I will have some questions but I have had absolutely no problems with setting up e-mail, contact info, desktop manager and so on. But right now I would sure like to know from the users out there, WHAT IS THE BEST BROWSER TO BE USING WITH THE 8310 (Opera Mini, Google Mobile) OR WHAT ??? SHOULD I HAVE JAVA SCRIPT ENABLED ? IN SHORT WHAT ARE ALL THE BEST SETTINGS & APPS FOR A BETTER INTERNET EXPERIENCE ?
    09-29-08 11:39 PM
    first welcome to cb
    i am glad you saw the light and crossed over into the bb world ..lollol
    and about what browser works best ...the reg browser is good you can add whatever you want to it (tweak it)like i have google on mine
    and about opera mini is good for some sites that are not mobile combatible
    as for apps you will see what apps you may want or even need in the neir future cuz what works for me may not for you
    09-29-08 11:44 PM
    I use Opera Mini a good bit. It's pretty fast too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 06:09 AM

I like to use the native browser on my 8320, but it is a TON better after I upgraded to 4.5

09-30-08 06:12 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    Yes, you should have Java Script enabled. BB's native browser is good. I also use OM & have no problems w/It.

Ok, I knew Blackberry had to have something with so many users so I had to find out myself. Gave up the Iphone for the 8310 a few days ago. Now I have to say that the Iphone really has the best platform out there and great internet but...It does like most devices have its short comings. Like most BB users its been glued to my hand since I bought it, its quite an amazing device and having fun learning its capabilities. I also have learned a few things from this forum...thanks. As the days go on I am sure I will have some questions but I have had absolutely no problems with setting up e-mail, contact info, desktop manager and so on. But right now I would sure like to know from the users out there, WHAT IS THE BEST BROWSER TO BE USING WITH THE 8310 (Opera Mini, Google Mobile) OR WHAT ??? SHOULD I HAVE JAVA SCRIPT ENABLED ? IN SHORT WHAT ARE ALL THE BEST SETTINGS & APPS FOR A BETTER INTERNET EXPERIENCE ?
    09-30-08 07:40 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!! I use Opera Mini
    09-30-08 05:05 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I'm glad to see someone convert from the iphone to bb. I had trouble deciding btwn the 2, but picked bb & I am very happy with my choice so far.

I just started using opera mini, and like it a lot more than the native bb browser.

All the google aps seem cool, especially maps. It has a built in gps feature that I've founf really helpful already!

10-01-08 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD