Is there a way to stop email going to my phone? Say, I'm on the computer....can I turn off email to the phone?

Thank you!

Just got my beautiful Blackberry Pearl yesterday and already so addicted. Thanks to all of you and this forum I was up till the wee hours.....

Amie
    Temecula, CA
    07-16-08 12:07 PM
    Go to options>Mobile Network> and turn Data Services off. Welcome to CB.
    07-16-08 12:11 PM
    Ahh yes......your life will NEVER be the same.......welcome to BB and CB.....
    07-16-08 02:24 PM
    Go to options>Mobile Network> and turn Data Services off. Welcome to CB.
    Turning data services off will turn off your internet access too. Instead:

Options>Security options>Firewall>Select the box that says "BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Of course this is for BIS. I guess if you have BES you'll have a box for BES there as well.
    07-16-08 02:24 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of constant email pick-up. Welcome to BlackBerry. Welcome to CrackBerry.
    07-17-08 07:15 AM
    Hello and welcome! You will love this site!
    07-17-08 07:17 AM
    Will any of these options make it so I can still get text and picture text? I have three E-mail addresses sent to my phone. Two are gmail accounts and 1 is my blackberry account. I only really need to turn off one of my gmail accounts while at the computer as I uset it constantly...I will have a good 60-70 E-mails on my phone by the end of the day and its anoying since I already answered them all while on the computer :/ but I still need that E-mail on when i am away from the computer
    02-04-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD