Hi,

I got a BB 8310 from my company , onfigured to read/send business emails. I added my personal hotmail account and now I am able to receive emails from it.

I have 2 questions:

1. Currently, emails from both account go to the same place. Is there any way to separate them (send them to diferent inboxes or to add a filter to send my personal email to a different folder)?

2. Every time I send an email from my bb, it goes through by business acount. Is there any way to send email from my bb using my hotmail personal account?

Thanks a lot
    10-11-08 01:08 PM
    they can be seperated by going into mesages, options, general settings, and under SMS and Email change to seperate. this will create a new icon for each email account. also under advanced options, in default services, you can change the default email.
    10-11-08 05:26 PM
    You can send email from any account by going to the top of the email and changing "sent using."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 05:28 PM
    Unfortunately... if you are on BES, you will not be able to separate the boxes.

You can have your hotmail have its own box, but the messages folder will still have the same hotmail email as well as your company's email in that box.

Duvi
    10-11-08 07:30 PM
    BES or not, all mail, text, etc will land in the messages folder, but you can have a seperate folder for hotmail. That way you can set the default on that one to send using hotmail. I have 4 different accts and 4 different icons. Makes it a lot simpler. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 08:16 PM
    Another thing I missed...

Although all emails (BES and personal) go into the messages folder, if you have the hotmail folder as well, when you go into it to reply, it will send using hotmail.

Duvi
    10-11-08 10:33 PM
    Hi, Thanks fro your reply. How do i create a folder for hotmail?
    10-13-08 07:42 AM
    Hi, thanks for you reply. How do you do that (create different folders for each account)?
    10-13-08 07:43 AM
    ok - Jaydon said "Unfortunately... if you are on BES, you will not be able to separate the boxes.

You can have your hotmail have its own box, but the messages folder will still have the same hotmail email as well as your company's email in that box."

that seems like someone would have created a 3rd party app to handle it. How can it be that you can have your hotmail in one box/icon/folder but you can't do the same for your corporate e-mail too?

Anyone????
    10-15-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD