Hi everyone. I'm CajunGal. I'm very new at this and really don't know what I'm doing. I'm an almost 60 year old grandma and really need some help. I just bought and installed an SD card in my Blackberry Curve 8330 but I don't know how to move pictures, eBooks and etc. on to it. Can anyone help me? Thanks a bunch!
    11-13-08 07:15 PM
    Got it. Thanks so much. I didn't realize you had to use the desktop mgr. I was trying to find something on the phone to use. You guys are great!!
    11-13-08 07:23 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    11-13-08 07:24 PM
    Firstly, welcome to CrackBerry- you'll have fun here & it's a great source of knowledge.
    Allrighty- "In-Phone" picture & audio management:

It's fairly straightforward - goto your "media" icon to pull up for example, "pictures".
    Once there you can select which folder you'd like to view. Inside the folder, highlight a photo.
    Now: click on the BlackBerry (aka: Menu) Key.

A window with options should pull up. One of these options is called strangely enough, "Move".
    Once you select that option, you can move that photo to an existing folder - OR - if you need to CREATE a new folder, press the Menu key again. This brings up another dialogue window that you can create a new folder with.
    As mentioned, pretty easy to use once you've done it a couple of times.
    Moving .MP3 files/music/eBooks around is similar.

Hope this helped!
    -DC-
    11-13-08 08:09 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-14-08 01:41 AM
    Thanks for the great welcome everyone. I really appreciate it. I didn't want to sound stupid and you all have made me comfortable asking questions.

I was able to transfer my tones and pictures to the SD card using the desktop manager but was unsuccessful moving my ebooks. I'm using Mobipocket reader and I have been deleting my ebooks after I finish reading them so as not to use up all the device memory. I tried the desktop mgr. and the bberry button while in the Mobipocket app but nothing works. What am I doing wrong?
    11-14-08 08:09 AM
    Once you select that option, you can move that photo to an existing folder - OR - if you need to CREATE a new folder, press the Menu key again. This brings up another dialogue window that you can create a new folder with.
    As mentioned, pretty easy to use once you've done it a couple of times.
    Moving .MP3 files/music/eBooks around is similar.

Hope this helped!
    -DC-
    Thanks, DC, but I'm still a little bit confused. I followed your instructions and got to the "Move" part but don't see the memory card. I tried the part about creating a new folder but don't see the ref. to the card. Should I?
    11-14-08 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD